Correct activity setting?

Options
Hi,

So tomorrow I'm going to log 55 mins dancing, 60 mins very brisk walking, and 10 mins dancing as my exercise. I'm going to be doing standing up activities, less intense dancing, and one or two leisurely walks in between- all of which I'll include in my base activity level. I won't be sitting still much. So should I set my base as lightly active, or active?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    On MFP, the activity setting is meant to be what you do day-to-day outside of exercise. You add exercise separately.

An alternate way to handle the numbers is to set your activity level to include what you think your exercise will be and then not add separate exercise.

The overall point is to end up with as accurate a calorie goal as you can. Either method can get you to the same calorie goal depending upon how you use it.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Find your Basal Metabolic Rate and multiply it by 1.25 to get the value.

If all those activity burn more than the value, then you're above sedentary threshold.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Do you realise that purposeful exercise is nothing to do with your activity setting on here?

If you are deliberately rolling activity and exercise together into one adjustment you would be better advised to use a TDEE estimator instead as the activity multipliers are different.