To Cheat or Not to Cheat This Holiday

Options
2»

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I switched to OMAD and sticking as close to my deficit as I can while not stressing and having what I want.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    Have given myself a week off logging.

Which I do now and then when on holidays and suchlike.

Still being sensible about portions sizes but not logging.

From experience this does not derail my long term goals.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I ate a lot more than usual on Christmas eve and Christmas day and just weighed myself and I've lost 1.2 pounds, hitting a 35 pound weight loss milestone. So..no regrets here. I would of been fine having gained a few pounds too. I lost it before I can lose it again, and part of LIFE LONG health is accepting that sometimes your weight goes up a little bit. You're not going to hold steady forever. Realistically weight fluctuates and I refuse to be miserable.
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Cheating is when you are doing something wrong. You are not doing anything wrong by eating and enjoying treats especially on a holiday.

When you balance out your calorie intake overtime to meet your goals, why not eat what you’d like? It’s a win-win.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    WW1984 wrote: »
    So MFP Fam,

Who’s going to stick with all the hard work and weight loss they’ve accomplished during today’s dinner; and who’s going to have somewhat of a tremendous cheat day?

I’m going to stay strong and stick to my healthy eating habits and lose 13 lbs by January 31st to reach my goal weight of 💯 lbs ‼️😁

@WW1984 inspiring! Way to go with the weight loss! To me the holidays are just another day. I go out to dinner often and we frequently have dinner parties and celebrations at our house - so it’s not that big of a difference from any other time of year.