Quotes that make you want to eat glass and kick things

I'm in a pretty fire eating mood today, so I figured I'd share some of my favorite inspirational quotes that really have helped me get back to being fit, things i once knew and found again over the past 8 months.

"Motivation is fleeting and fickle.
Dedication, discipline, and habits are what get *kitten* done."

"No man has a right to be an ameteur in the matter of physical training, what a shame it is for a man to grow old without seeing the strength and beauty of which his body is capable" - Socrates

"Fitness isn't owned it's rented, and you have to pay rent every day"

"Bodybuilding is an art, your body the canvas, nutrition the paint, the weights your brush" -kai green

"Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

"The human body was never designed for a sedentary lifestyle, it was designed to walk 40 miles a day and hunt saber tooth tigers."

"We can't reach perfection, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi

"When you come out of the storm, you wont be the same person who went into the storm. That's the point of the storm." - Murakami

And my personal favorite:

"The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk. Get told that you're a God, or a total *kitten*. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all knowing perspective giver, always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. FRIENDS MAY COME AND GO BUT 200 POUNDS IS ALWAYS 200 POUNDS" - Henry Rollins

Feel free to add yours.

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    There are no quotes that would make me want to eat glass and kick things.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    There is a quote from a user on here (Jay/Waldo) that really stuck with me and got me through my very first bulk cycle. Whenever I am struggling with gaining which happens from time to time, I remember it:
    "Cutting is a battle of willpower, bulking is a battle of self-confidence"

Also if I'm struggling to get to the gym I don't know who said it but I remember "You won't get the booty you want by sitting on the one you have" or something. That reminds me how important training is for my goals.

But to be honest what motivates me the most to hit the gym when I am feeling sluggish is watching Bret Contreras train his glute squat. I get so excited. I never feel angry though like I want to crush things. More eager and charged up.