The big six oh

Options
CarvedTones
CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
About 18 months ago I decided I needed to get healthy. I was drinking too much and have history of it getting out of control. So I decided to stop for good. One of the driving forces behind trying harder than ever before to make this time stick was the fear of going into my 60s as a problem drinker; risks of poor health and early death go way up. 18 months ago, I was also overweight (BMI over 33) and out of shape, which are two more big risk factors. Well, today I turned 60. I haven't had a drink in over 18 months, my BMI is below 25, I can do two hours of cardio non stop and I have visible abs. I can hardly believe that last part; that wasn't a goal because I didn't think that was realistic. So I am pretty pleased.

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Well done and happy birthday! :smile:
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on an awesome accomplishment!
  • maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce! Way to go!
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @CarvedTones!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have come so far and your posts are always a great read and source of inspiration on the forums.

and

vi9ediisblx4.png
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You are a true success for your own survival and surving well at that.....CONGRATS!!!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and happy birthday from a fellow sexagenarian. The best is yet to come so keep marching forward in your fitness, health and wellness journey. Enjoy your day!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Congratulations on your success and wishes for many more happy and healthy years!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! Congratulations on your success!!
  • aligisme
    aligisme Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats on your success - and thanks so much for sharing. Happy Birthday to you!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Happy 60th birthday.
    It has been a pleasure following your success, physical an mental, over the months.

You’ve come a long way baby.
    I can say that as I’m 5 yr senior B))

Cheers, h.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Happy 60th - I am 55 and have your same motivation to stay healthy. Nice to see that defined abs appear as a fringe benefit of transforming your life :).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!