I'm lost...

Options
I get 1800 calories a day to lose 10 lbs a week. Currently 280. Its noon and I have 282 calories left for the day.. what can I do?

Replies

• JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    That's a hard one to deal with. I deal with this a lot. Maybe allow yourself to go 500 calories over for today only and let those extra calories be comprised of mostly veggies and may 3-4 oz of meat or fish. You can eat a very filling dinner with almost 800 calories.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Check out the calories for subway. Pick a sub with protein and veggies..skip the cheese.. and mayo... maybe do wheat..get it toasted.. split it for lunch and dinner. Have coffee with it tonight and. Ice water with lemon for lunch. You may go over a little but go for a short walk if you feel like it. Your goal is volume and feeling satisfied. The battle is not lost!
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What @JohnnytotheB said. You could eat 582 cal and still be 200 cal under maintaince level.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Maybe aim for maintenance today (if you're set to lose 1 lb/week, that would be 2300), but definitely consider what left you in this predicament and think about how you can try to avoid that tomorrow. Do you need to make more satisfying choices early in the day? (Many find that protein & fiber help keep them full longer.) Did you drink a good share of your calories? Did your meal timing leave you too hungry too early? Do you need a strategy for avoiding temptations? Just a few possibilities.

Edited to add: If you are new to this, some benefit from just tracking their typical diet for the first week and seeing where small adjustments can be made to start lowering their overall calorie intake. You can lower your intake gradually as opposed to tackling the whole deficit all at once. :)
  • redneck8814
    redneck8814 Posts: 284 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I like a little coffee with my sugar!! I didn't realize there's that many calories there. And Oreos for breakfast didn't help.. :D I realy need to get on track and make a better effort tomorrow. Day 2 and already struggling...
  • try2again
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I like a little coffee with my sugar!! I didn't realize there's that many calories there. And Oreos for breakfast didn't help.. :D I realy need to get on track and make a better effort tomorrow. Day 2 and already struggling...

My mom always used to tell me I didn't want coffee... I wanted dessert ;)

This is a learning process, but that's OK, because successful weight loss & management takes a lifetime. Small changes over time are your best bet.
  • redneck8814
    Options
    Thanks for the support y'all. I like this app already!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

Logging food is as much about learning as it is about accountability. Eat sensibly the rest of your day, log it, and pick up tomorrow with better choices. Many of us have been there and it's not just avoiding bad days that we need to focus on but rather learning how to roll with them.
  • ajjayyjayy
    ajjayyjayy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite ways to cut calories in my coffee is an Americano with a little flavored syrup. It's low in calories, but still has that depth and just a hint of sugar, so it's not the best thing for me, but it's a far cry from the peppermint mochas I love so much. I usually add Peppermint or Hazelnut. Making them iced brings out more flavor. You can also do the same with regular coffee!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Yes, you do have to figure out how to spend your calories wisely--that's just part of the learning curve. Did you say you're trying to lose 10 lbs a week? That's a real steep loss and could be your problem.
  • redneck8814
    Options
    Figured out its 2lbs a week. Ten total..
  • try2again
    Options
    Figured out its 2lbs a week. Ten total..

This means your maintenance calories are 2800. So any day you are under that number is a win :)