Share your favorite slow-cooker recipe!

atmeghanfain
atmeghanfain Posts: 1 Member
Share your favorite slow-cooker recipe! Healthy, preferabbly low calorie and low carb <3

Replies

• Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Healthy depends on what your definition of health is. One of my favorites is Stuffed Pepper Soup https://www.recipesthatcrock.com/slow-cooker-stuffed-pepper-soup/. I add a cup of beef broth to the recipe and then an hour before it's done I add minute rice because who wants to cook rice separately???
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Hard to narrow it down to one but I agree with the above poster, except I use fire roasted tomatoes instead of salsa and packet of either fajita or taco seasoning. Then I put those suckers on tacos with cheese or just eat out of the bowl or on top of a salad. Can't go wrong.
    I also love black bean soup in the slow cooker
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    I was skeptical about slow cooker eggs but the slow cooker frittata recipe on the MyFitnessPal blog (red peppers, artichoke, feta) was delicious.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Buffalo chicken for:
    Sandwiches
    Salads
    Wraps
    Pizza
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    I always make a stock out of my meat bones. Chicken, Ham, Turkey mostly - I use the crock pot, and first cut off as much of the meat off the bone as I can, then let it cook for 12-24 hours, I remove all the meat, throw it out - then put the bones back in for another 12 hours - then I scope out in 1/4 cup ziplock/tupperware containers, and I freeze them - to use instead of store bought to flavor rice, stir fry, pasta etc. Whatever calls for broth or stock. Basically the one you make at home isn't going to have all that added salt and preservatives. Sometimes instead of stock I will also make a soup, although I have found bean soup to be higher calories. So you could have a smaller amount of beans and more veggies including Kale - then I freeze. Typically my soup is 1 cup frozen.
  • khcrmo
    khcrmo Posts: 40 Member
    Just had cilantro lime chicken tacos the other night and they were yum. Similar to some above posts. 2lbs chicken, one packet taco seasoning, one jar of salsa, juice of two limes, and like 1/3 cup cilantro. Had with low cal shells for dinner, and the next day on a salad for lunch.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Jambalaya is one of my favorites in the slow cooker. Serve it over coleslaw as a low-carb rice substitute. Or this is plenty good on its own. This also freezes well for later use.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/low-carb-crock-pot-jambalaya-96660
  • tammierlewis
    tammierlewis Posts: 564 Member
    Baked salmon. Season frozen salmon fillet with lemon pepper and dill. Add 1/2 cup water to bottom. Cool on low 2 hours /
  • quilt938
    quilt938 Posts: 57 Member
    1.5-2 lb round roast (or fattier cut works really well but not as healthy)
    1-2 jars pepperoncini peppers with juice (I used one with smaller roast and it was enough for me)
    1 lb-1 1/2 lb chubby baby carrots
    round red potatoes cut in half - I used 1 1/2 lbs but I like taters!)
    little bit of water - maybe a cup
    big sweet onion cut in chunks

add meat then veggies around it and onion and pepperoncinis dump on top with the juice (pull stems off as you eat) I cooked about 8 hours on low and had to add some water as the juice from peppers and roast weren't sufficient.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    1 jar of salsa
    2 lbs chicken breast

Low for 8 hrs. Shred. Add to burrito bowls for meal preps or put it straight onto a romaine leaf with your favorite taco toppings!

As easy as it gets!

Need to start doing this rather than buying frozen meals.