Ganglion cyst

Options
I have what I think is a Ganglion cyst on the top of my foot which is causing me a lot of pain, enough that I try to limit my walking. I've had it for months, but just recently has it gotten bad.

I have an appointment next week to get it looked at.

I'm wondering if any of you fine people have had one and had it treated. What did they do to treat it and how long was recovery?

Any tips on reducing the pain while I wait for my appointment? I've tried ice, heat, ibuprophen and anti inflamatories with no luck.

Replies

• barefootcassie
    barefootcassie Posts: 27 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I had one on the knuckle of my hand. They went right for surgery. It was a quick in office procedure. Then I had to wear a finger splint and have physical therapy. That was all because the cyst was intertwined with a tendon though. Good luck!
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I also had one on my foot. It was there for about 5 years and lately just got bigger and bigger. Got it removed surgically in October. Within 3 weeks I could wear my sneakers again. The foot still swell up some times, after 2 and half months, if I walk a lot. But do not have any pain.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    My son has one. Part of it was removed during a biopsy last week. It bothered him after sports, we just ice it.
    About to find out if he needs surgery. It's growing between the tarsals and is in two halves.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I have one on my inner ankle. It's been there for maybe 10 years. Luckily, so far it hasn't gotten any bigger and for the most part doesn't bother me. No pain, only itches sometimes when I wear certain socks.
    I'm gonna let it hang out until/if it starts getting bigger or causing pain.
    Good luck with yours!