Anyone with a Fitbit Flex 2?

Options
emilysusana
emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
edited December 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
My mom just gave me her Fitbit Flex 2 because she upgraded. I’ve always just entered exercises manually on MFP, but since I’m currently doing more walking for exercise than anything else, I thought I’d give it a try. I’ve synced it to MFP and I’m getting crazy high estimates of calories burned which I know enough not to take (eat back) at face value.

I suspect the stride length that was automatically set is inaccurate so I’m hoping to remedy that. Will the mobile run feature on the app work to do this? I thought maybe if I took a walk that was tracked with gps, maybe the app would catch the discrepancy with the stride length if the distance from gps doesn’t match the estimated distance based on stride length and number of steps. Does anyone know of this happens? Thanks for reading.

Replies

• clarkdns
    clarkdns Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you get the Fitbit app you can change the stride length to match your own in the user profile. I haven’t tried the GPS approach
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Okay. I just don’t have access to a track to accurately measure my own stride.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex 2. I left the stride length alone.
    When I just walk on the treadmill at 4.0 mph, it gives me a higher calorie burn than when I run (treadmill stats). When I run, the treadmill & Fitbit are very close. I think the calories burned are over estimated anyway.
  • clarkdns
    clarkdns Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You don’t need a track to measure your stride, just any known length- I just used a tape measure and walked down a corridor at home. You could use the side of a swimming pool, a tennis court, a bus, anything you know the length of. It’s been accurate enough for me, when I do a long bush walk the distance Fitbit estimates from my steps is within about 10% of the actual known distance of the walk.