Weigh in

Options
sydwes1
sydwes1 Posts: 13 Member
How often do you folks weigh yourselves?

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,540 Member
    Options
    Every day for statistics. Same time, same location, same dress every day. For logging purposes, I log once per month.
  • sydwes1
    sydwes1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Every morning right before I take a shower. It gets logged everyday (I have a Fitbit scale but it isn't synced to MFP). My weight moves up and down everyday but I only really focus on my Monday morning weigh-ins.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    For the first 5 months, daily. That was a great "desensitizer" to the capricious daily ups and down of the scale. Now that I am very close to goal, I weigh weekly on posting day for my challenge group
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Daily first thing in morning, if I do check later in the day just out of curiosity my weight can increase by 3 pounds by the evening time.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    daily - get up, take meds, let dog out, poop and weight - yup its a routine
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    Daily.

Except this week. :wink:
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Most days, but I only log Sunday weigh ins.

My weight can fluctuate 1 - 2 kg day.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    Once in awhile I'll miss a day (being out of town or something - call me crazy but I'm not gonna pack my scale to take it with me, right?) but for the most part, every day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Every couple of days. I log in on MFP on a Thursday
  • MrWeather_81
    MrWeather_81 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    1st of every month. Reluctantly might I say. For years I went by my clothes. They got tight, I knew get to work on that.

I really wish I had this app 20 years ago when I was in my late teens and early 20's when I was in a physically demanding job consisting of heavy lifting 8 hours a day combined with running approx 4 nights a week when I got home.

The only thing I didn't have knowledge of back then was calories.
  • MarieRosekenji85
    MarieRosekenji85 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Once a week, first thing in the morning.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Daily, log in Libra app. Fridays I update my weight in MFP.

ETA Christmas is a perfect example of why I weigh daily instead of weekly, or even monthly. I have a few more pounds to lose but had decided to maintain from Thanksgiving through the end of the year. I did not hold back Dec 24-27, but as you can see, this morning I'm right back down in the range I was pre-Christmas. Water weight is fun!
    z5kv7rwg89zz.jpg
  • sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and log it in Happy Scale every time. I log my weight in MFP about once a week. I used to only weigh once a week and I found that it really messed with my head. I didn’t fully understand the way the scale naturally fluctuates and if I happened to weigh myself on an “up day” it would basically ruin my whole day and the bad feelings would even linger for a few days after that. As someone else said, weighing daily has helped me become a little desensitized about the whole process. Weighing myself no longer has a huge impact on my emotional well being (unless it’s a solid loss, then I’m stoked!)
    Down 59.8 lbs with 3-5 more to go!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Daily - this is my log from the last month

• hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    at first every day. then weekly. now that holiday feasts are past i'm going back to daily for a while
  • tiffanyleilarsen
    tiffanyleilarsen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Boba_14626 wrote: »
    Every day for statistics. Same time, same location, same dress every day. For logging purposes, I log once per month.

same