Returning to MFP - what would you do?

Options
2»

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I kept the same account, just reset my starting date and weight (but kept all the history). I'm glad I did, because I've gone back and graphed my rate of loss then vs now, which was interesting (to nobody but me, obviously :lol: ) However, a few people have pointed out some compelling reason to start fresh. Your choice :smile:
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Suck it up. In my first year I lost ~60 lbs and then slacked off and put ~ 20 back on.

MFP is just one of many tools to hold yourself accountable. Making a new account resolves nothing and just hides the problem. Face this head on.

You lost this weight before and know what to do. Now dig down and find out what went wrong. This process should be more about establishing behaviors for long term maintenance.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to make a new account and lose all my recipes and food entries so I just deleted all my old weight loss entries. No, it doesn't erase reality but it helped put me in a "fresh start, don't dwell on past mistakes" mindset.
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I lost from 220 down to 160 then gained back to 208 over several years. I kept the same account and am now down to 146. I kind of like that it calculates my loss from the first time which was higher so my total loss is bigger (by a little) than what I’ve just lost this time.
  • Biggster69
    Biggster69 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would create a new one. Good luck!