How many calories should i eat

Im 5'5 28 yrs old weight 142 pounds how many calories should i consume to gain more muscle and lose fat
I need my last 10 pounds to be gone asap

Replies

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Input your stats into MFP, eat more to gain, eat less to lose.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Im 5'5 28 yrs old weight 142 pounds how many calories should i consume to gain more muscle and lose fat
    I need my last 10 pounds to be gone asap

Unfortunately, ASAP for the last 10 lbs will probably mean months. You are already in the healthy weight range for your height, and losing quickly at this point will most likely mean being miserable and losing muscle.

Set your goal to lose 0.5lbs per week, and focus on strength training. Then hunker down and be patient, because 0.5lbs per week of fat can easily hide behind normal water weight fluctuations on the scale, so you won't see the scale move the way you want it to every week.

When I was losing the last 10 lbs, I would see the scale go down 1 lb around once per month. It was a little frustrating, but looking better was more important to me than seeing a specific number on the scale, and I knew retaining what muscle I had would set me up better for the long term.