Issue With Negative Calories in MFP

Options
Anyone notice how negative tracked calories don’t add up correctly in my fitness pal? It should be adding to your daily allowance not subtracting. Is there a setting I don’t know about that can correct this?
3g56d31i1tzr.png
Thanks.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I believe the negative adjustment means you have not been as active as the activity level you selected when you set up your profile. There is a way to turn it off, but I use the desktop version, so not sure how to do that in the app.
  • TheJaredGuy
    TheJaredGuy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I believe the negative adjustment means you have not been as active as the activity level you selected when you set up your profile. There is a way to turn it off, but I use the desktop version, so not sure how to do that in the app.

That makes sence. Thank you!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    What did you set your activity level at?

a59mgk6jswcp.png

Looks like you set this to active or very active and MFP is adjusting your calories accordingly. Note that regardless of what you set this the endpoint will be the same, but your exercise input numbers will shift accordingly. As @kimny72 described you simply did not hit your expected number of steps and MFP is reacting as programmed.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Just to add, because this confused me at first, some days at 3PM I'll have a -150 calorie adjustment because I've been stuck at my desk. Then I get a bunch of steps in, and the next time I sync I have a -75 calorie adjustment. And then if I'm active in the evening, I'll end the day with a +50 calorie adjustment. It takes some getting used to :smile: