Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    ellioc2 wrote: »
    I
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Dammit there’s 100 calories in all that broccoli :( guess I really need to burn all that off at the gym today. I’ll go an extra 15 minutes on the treadmill (so an hour instead of 45 minutes)

Are you asking for advice, or just trolling the people trying to help you? It seems you are continuously posting new threads that show an escalating pattern of disordered behavior, and ignoring any advice to work with your dietician. What are you really looking for here?

I don’t know what I’m really looking for. All I know is I’m just really overwhelmed and frustrated and upset with myself. It’s truly exhausting being in my brain. If it’s exhausting seeing the threads I post, imagine what it must be like being in my brain. I miss feeling okay in my body and okay with myself.

Then you really need to take a break from the internet and get an immediate appointment with your RD. You may need a referral to a therapist with expertise in eating disorders. Continuing down your current path is only going to make you more sick and miserable.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Dammit there’s 100 calories in all that broccoli :( guess I really need to burn all that off at the gym today. I’ll go an extra 15 minutes on the treadmill (so an hour instead of 45 minutes)

Nobody's progress is going to be derailed by 100 calories.

If you really like broccoli eat lots of them (as long as it doesnt make you fart too much)

However doesnt sound like you enjoyed them and sounds like there is more to the back story that I am unaware of.

• dimitriusgladi
    dimitriusgladi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's called brain warms disorder. They keep pestering your mind causing confusion. You need to relax and think! God Bless!
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Good for you for side tracking your desire to overeat with a healthier alternative. Don't be so hard on yourself. It wont always be this difficult. You will probably fart like a crazy thing. Be kind to yourself :) Lots of people overeat when they are tired, stressed or anxious.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    your husband may have been trying to show you that not logging your food has not resulted in you becoming fat overnight. your weight is unchanged.

He probably should not have weighed you, though. I agree with that statement. I also agree with all the comments that you need to get your butt off here and reach out to your therapist. Do you have a phone line you can call for someone to talk to you right away?

For me, when I cannot get control of my thoughts, or when they're too loud in my head, I find if I can get to a water source (fountain, lake, river) - for some reason that helps my mind settle. You need to find a process to help quiet the voices in your head that are churning.

If water doesn't help... classical music often does - focus on the various parts, try to pick them out... meditate.

The biggest thing is getting your brain to shut up for a bit. The problem is not your body. It's your brain.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    There are many of us that eat 2lbs plus of produce a day... volume eating... I am one of them.
  • AT0M1CR00ST3R
    AT0M1CR00ST3R Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Might give you gas.

👍