Subway question

Options
I've been to Subway numerous times, but never had a toasted sandwich. So my question, is a sandwich more like a microwave taste (yuck) or is it like an oven taste? Tell me your favorite sandwiches toasted, if you'd like.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    they toast it in an oven toaster
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's an oven toaster, not a microwave...the sandwich is toasted just as it would be if you used a toaster at home.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I don't normally get my sandwiches toasted altho, for some reason, I did last time I got one but the bread ended up being a little too hard so that won't be happening again.

I usually get a kid's size roast beef on white with some lettuce, olives, pickles, cucumbers, and a tiny bit of mustard.

For what it's worth, it was a steak sandwich I had toasted.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I usually get a salad.

However, on the occasion that I'm in the mood for a hot sandwich, I usually opt for a tuna melt on their italian herb & cheese bread...it's definitely crunchy bread when toasted, and not soggy, and I like it with either pepper jack or provolone cheese.

They "toast" in a convection oven. So, it's not exactly the same as a home skillet or broiler toasted sandwich, but it's pretty close to broiler toasting.
  • AT0M1CR00ST3R
    AT0M1CR00ST3R Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Subway brought in the toasters a few years ago in order to better compete with Quiznos. It was a good idea. Sometimes I'm in the mood for toasted. I go toasted with the meatball & provolone. Sometimes with the spicy italian.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I don't normally get my sandwiches toasted altho, for some reason, I did last time I got one but the bread ended up being a little too hard so that won't be happening again.

I usually get a kid's size roast beef on white with some lettuce, olives, pickles, cucumbers, and a tiny bit of mustard.

For what it's worth, it was a steak sandwich I had toasted.

Agreed, I generally only toast the bread when I get flatbread. Toasting the other bread makes it a little too crunchy for me, and it's so much bread that I can't take decent bites, and it cuts up the roof of my mouth. I have a small mouth. I also complain a lot lol.

Is there such a thing as so much bread?

I have them scoop the good parts out of the bread. It kills me and it's not a lot of calories (maybe 50 for a 6 inch...yes, I took the innards home to weigh) but it's something. You can barely tell it's missing. It didn't help with the cutting up of the mouth tho. :)