5ft 5 and 10 stone 4 lbs and seeking to lose

Options
I’m find it a huge challenge to stay slim as some may have gathered of read my previous posts.

My weight isn’t too bad - body fat 30 percent.

I have a huge derrier and so better with abstinence rather than will power to moderate portion sizes. I suppose I’m looking for other buddies my size seeking to lose weight.

I’m also looking for others that can empathise - I have a huge appetite if you sat me with a. Chocolate cake I wouldn’t want one slice, I’d want it all (and wouldn’t feel particularly full). So my approach is just a little dark chocolate maybe but I’m probably best kept away from overeating triggers.

I find it hard to find others “in the same boat” but there must be someone out there, and if so please do get in touch.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I started at the same stats as you.

If abstinence works for you, then stick with it. I generally avoid chocolate and sweets because they're not filling, but I'll have the odd peanut butter KitKat chunky or reeses because they're tasty, so I fit them into my weekly goal. I don't bother with dark chocolate as an alternative as I only like it in my porridge with peanut butter!
  • juststartedrunningagain
    Options
    What are your stats now Tavistock and how did you do it?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your stats now Tavistock and how did you do it?

I'm 9st 8. I did it by eating in a calorie deficit.

I have also done a bit of recomp, so I'm smaller now than I was when I was a lower weight.

Exercise wise I run, cross train on the bike and do a bit of strength training.
  • juststartedrunningagain
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I used to be a runner too 😀