Gain muscle and weight in thighs/legs help

Options
Hi, I’m trying to gain four pounds and have gained 30 recovering from ED, any recommendations on how to get thick legs? All my strength and weight is in my arms and my legs are chicken, even though I train them 3+ times a week.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi, I’m trying to gain four pounds and have gained 30 recovering from ED, any recommendations on how to get thick legs? All my strength and weight is in my arms and my legs are chicken, even though I train them 3+ times a week.

Genetics determine where you store the fat. But i guess my question is, what is your lifting routine? You should be seeing some muscle gains if you are adequately training them.
  • scimino885
    scimino885 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts!
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Four pounds is an oddly specific number. Are you following a program? The lack of muscle growth could be attributed to improper training.
  • abilene_
    abilene_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have gained 5 lb in a month and it is visibly noticeable in my legs .
    I only do workouts to target my legs and butt along with making sure I meet my caloric needs

This is my workout routine

Squats
    Standing calf raises
    Donkey kicks
    Clamshells
    Leg raises
    And hip thrusts

p2h6r2gx2f8c.jpg

• katiemariieha
    katiemariieha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My doctor said I need to be at least 4 pounds heavier to be healthy. I am in competitive beach volleyball and I have muscle in my legs but not nearly the same amount in by arms. I also go to the gym 6 days a week to weighted lunges, squats, arms, back, cable pulls, etc. I have been really stressed about needing to gain weight but I don’t want to gain it to fast bc want it to be mostly muscle.
  • katiemariieha
    katiemariieha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Genetics determine where you store the fat. But i guess my question is, what is your lifting routine? You should be seeing some muscle gains if you are adequately training them.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My doctor said I need to be at least 4 pounds heavier to be healthy. I am in competitive beach volleyball and I have muscle in my legs but not nearly the same amount in by arms. I also go to the gym 6 days a week to weighted lunges, squats, arms, back, cable pulls, etc. I have been really stressed about needing to gain weight but I don’t want to gain it to fast bc want it to be mostly muscle.

Did you design your own workout? Is it a structured routine? Is there progressive overload components involved?

There is nothing wrong with going 6 days a week, but generally, the ones who need it are pretty advanced lifters.