Pick up where I left off or move on to the next week?

Options
I am running a training program that has specific workouts assigned to specific days. I was out of town for Christmas and missed 4 out of 6 workouts. Should I go back and do the mostly missed week over or move on to the next week of training?

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I would repeat the missed week.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Repeat
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Yup!
  • ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Personally move on. The weeks gone and you should always be thinking of moving forward not trying to catch up. You probably haven't lost as much fitness as you think and with a couple of more intense sessions thrown in. Your fitness level will be back on track after a couple of weeks
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Does the program change week to week? When I was doing a weekly repeating 4-week program and only did a few workouts that last week but was feeling bored and antsy to move on, I usually just moved to the next month. You may want to repeat it if you feel you didn't do what you needed to get done. It depends on what you are doing and trying to achieve.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    What is the program?
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    Are you training for a race? Do you have time to repeat a week? If you don't have a time limit, and are following a program like C25k, I would repeat the week. If you are training for a specific date, then just jump in at today's workout rather than peak at the wrong time.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Does the program change week to week? When I was doing a weekly repeating 4-week program and only did a few workouts that last week but was feeling bored and antsy to move on, I usually just moved to the next month. You may want to repeat it if you feel you didn't do what you needed to get done. It depends on what you are doing and trying to achieve.

Yes, the program does change week to week. I think I’m going to repeat the week. I’m not on a time crunch.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    What is the program?

Be S.L.A.M by Lauren Brooks. It is a Kettlebell strength and conditioning program.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Repeat the week will be okay in most cases.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    What is the program?

Be S.L.A.M by Lauren Brooks. It is a Kettlebell strength and conditioning program.

I’d repeat it.