Seeking Advice

brentbarrie
brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
After being away for over 2 months, I'm finally ready to get back into an exercise routine. I've been out because I messed up my knee doing Insanity. I made it 2 days into the second month and had to stop. After going through Physical Therapy, I'm ready to go again. Here is what I have been up to the past week and where I would like to go from here.

8/2 - 6 minute jog (.5 mi.)
8/3 - Off.
8/4 - 31 min. of walking/jogging/soccer (.5 mi. jog)
8/5 - 43 min of walking/soccer
8/6 - My last day of Physical Therapy I ran .5 mi. on the treadmill and did a few exercises
8/7 - Off
8/8 - 21 min walking and jogging (1mi jog)
8/9 - Off
8/10 - 20 min jog/walk (1.3 mi. jog)
Today - Off

I haven't had any pain or soreness..

I'm trying to figure out what I should do tomorrow. There are a couple things that I would like to do. For one, I would like to start running a mile a day instead of every other day.

I also want to start Les Mills Combat but I'm not sure when to or how often to do it. Should I try running a mile a day for a few days and see how my body responds before starting Les Mills?

This is what I'm thinking: 8/12 - Start running a mile every day for a week to see how my body is. 8/18 - Off. 8/19 (Monday) stay with running a mile a day in the morning after work (I get off at 8:30am) and do Les Mills Combat in the afternoon. I could either do Les Mills Combat every day or every other day to start would probably be best.

Comments and suggestions are encouraged. Criticism (if you feel there needs to be is welcome as well).

Thanks!

Replies

• brentbarrie
    bump, anyone out there?
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    I would personally reconsider the running given you have already tweaked your knee. You could probably get away with just weights and walking unless you really enjoy it. Doing it for fitness isn't really needed and the joint stress is higher than other activities.
  • brentbarrie
    I just overworked my knee. I didn't do any damage to it.

I absolutely love running. It makes me feel good. I would eventually like to run 5 miles a day, if my knees will let me. As long as I don't have any soreness, I'll keep doing it. I really want to do Combat also. I really miss doing Insanity but I'm not going to do anything that intense. Its too much.
This discussion has been closed.