Day 1 and all I've done is binge :(

Options
I need/want to lose weight (10kg to get back to pre-baby weight) and decided to start today. I caught sight of myself in my bikini in a window reflection and I look much worse than I thought. Yet all I've done today is obsess over food and binge. How do you get into the right mindset where your want to lose weight overrides your reaching for food??

Replies

• chaotikkaos
    chaotikkaos Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with lorrpb. Go without judgement until you see where you can cut corners. If you look at my diary... I am NOT the greatest eater and will definitely be going over my calorie goals. Also see if you can find healthy alternatives to "junk food" you like. For me zucchini chips is a great alternative. So is watermelon chips when I want something sweet.

Start small. Prove to yourself you can do it and keep going. (I dont drink water, my goal today was to atleast drink 16 oz. I did it easily and im slowly going to up that amount). Little accomplishments turn into something big if you keep at it. (This is coming from someone who loves food... Specifically unhealthy food)
  • vetvicki
    vetvicki Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help, will take your advice and start small 😊
  • janekow
    janekow Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being repetitive, try to find the balance between doing nothing and trying to do everything all at once. Finding success at either end of that spectrum is highly unlikely. Make small changes to what you eat, gradually move more, and odds are you'll start to see something like progress. Small successes breed larger ones. Don't despair, and as Anna Kendrick reminded us all in Pitch Perfect: "Make good choices."
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Alot of the time when people start trying to lose weight they tend to cut their intake to the bone. That can derail you really fast. You can't keep going at that rate and you get frustrated and give in. I did that for most of my life until I realized I had to change my approach. In nature if you see a spot in stone where water has dripped slowly for a very long time you will see it is wearing a hole in the stone. On the other hand, if the same amount of water rushes over the stone all at once the stone dries and no effect is seen because it isn't sustainable. Take your time with the weight loss. Make changes slowly as you go. You want to be able to maintain your loss and that will only happen if you make permanent changes.