Week 1 down!!

emmylootwo
emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
I know it's a small success story but week 1 started the day after Christmas, and everything has been great! Years ago I struggled with bulimia, and whenever I tried to lose weight after the fact, I had a resurgence of those old thoughts/habits. I can look back at my food diary and see that earlier in 2018, I lost 20 pounds in a month by eating 1200 calories a day. Not healthy even for a gal my size! And not sustainable.

But now I've got a better hold on things. I actually feel healthy. I'm eating 1900 NET calories a day, and it feels great! Food wise this week, I ate everything from salads to stewed chicken thighs to quesadillas to frozen yogurt. Some days I was over my goal, some days under. But it didn't bother me because I knew it would all even out. Exercise wise, I joined a gym and went 6 out of 7 days.

I'm really excited that this is working too because I've lost 5 pounds already (some of it water weight I'm sure). Hopefully my next success story will be my first month!

Replies

• maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Congrats! First day ✅. First week ✅. Keep it up! It will be a habit in 30 days. Then you will be planning ahead so you don’t miss a workout or the right meal!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Super proud of you, keep up the great work! :)
  • imadoll1980
    imadoll1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Emmy. I started Dec 31. I lost 3lb in 3days and I'm excited but will be happy with 2lbs per week. I'm eating 1330 cal per day and going well. Big thing is I'm a night snackers, but I'm trying to do night time fasting. I seem to gain if eat past 7pm. I'd love an accountability partner if you want one. I have 60 lbs to lose.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!