10 lbs down, and feeling bigger then ever...

Options
Okay, so today (and yesterday) have been extremely challenging to me. I have been going strong on logging with MFP since I learned about the app (about 38 days ago, I think). I do feel, and see by weighing that I have lost a lot of weight. I also started measuring, but it hasn't been a month since my first measurements so I am unsure of how many inches I have loss. Regardless, this doesn't matter I know and see good changes, but never the less mentally I feel 10 pounds heavier since I started! I know this is a bit to get your head around, but I really want to know if anyone is having or has had this same issue.

I don't know what it is, but it is becoming overwhelming. I constantly have been thinking about my weight, size, I cant pass a mirror without taking at least 1 minute staring at myself 10 different ways. Its to the point that my son and boyfriend even notice how much I am engrossed in it. I have never had a disorder of any kind but part of me is scared that this is how it begins...I'm not trying to make light of disorders and know that they have big extremes; I just want to be cautious.

This is my first post and what finally pushed me to be concerned is that I currently feel so self conscious that I sent my son and boyfriend to a BBQ his friend was having without me, because I just don't feel comfortable enough to be out (they have a pool). I never have felt this way, and am usually confident in myself enough to not care what anyone else think but since Ive started this healthy journey I just feel worse (mentally) about myself!! WTH is going on?!

Replies

• bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate to this. I've lost 15 pounds but my clothes still look terrible on me, I still feel fat. I think it's just because you work so hard but it takes a long time to SEE results. It's not easy, but you can definitely get through. Ijust reassure myself that I'm doing the right things to get healthy and the results will show in time.
  • KisforKriss
    Options
    If it makes you both feel any better, im 3lbs away from 70, and ive not changed clothing sizes yet lol
  • jewel22887
    Options
    I have lost a little bit and along the road I have felt fatter and I think it has a few reasons.

1. I didn't have as many lumps before I was smooth and as I've lost I've gone lumpy smooth lumpy smooth
    2. I pay attention to how I look more honestly I didn't look in a mirror but maybe once a week before the weight loss and now I look all the time trying to see the difference
    3. I think I focus a lot on the next 30lbs instead of the 30 I've lost

Just how I feel but wanted you to know there were more out there ;)
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You have to remember it took years of unhealthy eating and lifestyle to get to the weight where you said, " Hey, I need to change." So it won't take weeks, months and sometimes years to get to the place where you have confidence and you're at a healthy weight. Baby steps. And some people want results overnight, and that is not realistic.

Quit looking in the mirror a billion times and focusing on what isn't changing. Focus on what is. Though you may not see changes on the outside, your body inside is thanking you. You're on the path to a longer life. And that..is what's most important. You are getting healthy not only for you, but your son. Good luck!! Keep your head held high.