Looking to bulk up

Options
Hi all, after general advice surrounding training and nutrition in order to gain some muscle mass. I have a general idea about the nutrition but any tips welcome and what best whey supplement is you’d recommend, and also how long I should be looking at training each session? All advice appreciated.

Replies

• Jonnydebrasco
    Jonnydebrasco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I personally like to use a protein powder that has no carbs as I cycle them but if you are bulking then really doesn't matter. There are so many brands out there and honestly they all do the same thing.I always recommend that you try to eat your protein but if you absolutely cant then take a whey powder.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Find a proven training program and do it consistently. Get adequate protein. The best whey supplement is the one that tastes good to you so that you will take it. Personally, I like MyProtein. Inexpensive, tastes great in chocolate and has a good amino acid profile. Most good selling whey powders do.
  • edickson76
    edickson76 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Training time depends on the program you are running. Most beginner programs should have you done in an hour or less.
  • Bograt
    Bograt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Morning all, many thanks for the advice. I’ve done meal plans to try ensure I eat as much of my protein as possible, the whey is to ensure I achieve it. Cool so training wise hard and heavy but not for a prolonged period then. Thank you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Bograt wrote: »
    Hi all, after general advice surrounding training and nutrition in order to gain some muscle mass. I have a general idea about the nutrition but any tips welcome and what best whey supplement is you’d recommend, and also how long I should be looking at training each session? All advice appreciated.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    What is your current height, weight, age and training history?