What multivitamin do you take?

For active women out there, what supplements do you take?
I am looking for a multivitamin with high iron content for active women.
Thanks!

Replies

• estatitra
    estatitra Posts: 80 Member
    Bump
  • Hey there! I'm interested in seeing what others use, but I personally use Shakeology - it can be used as a meal replacement shake or a pre- or post- work-out supplement! Depending on the flavor, it ranges from 19-33% of your recommended daily intake of iron (chocolate being my favorite with 33%!).

I've been using this product with exercising 4-6 times/week and it really helps with energy too, without being too loaded in calories (130-160/serving).

I used to be quite concerned with my iron too, as I donate blood and iron is what they measure. A few times I was so low that I just barely made the cut-off!

Any reason you're specifically looking at something high in iron?
  • estatitra
    Hey there! I'm interested in seeing what others use, but I personally use Shakeology - it can be used as a meal replacement shake or a pre- or post- work-out supplement! Depending on the flavor, it ranges from 19-33% of your recommended daily intake of iron (chocolate being my favorite with 33%!).

I've been using this product with exercising 4-6 times/week and it really helps with energy too, without being too loaded in calories (130-160/serving).

I used to be quite concerned with my iron too, as I donate blood and iron is what they measure. A few times I was so low that I just barely made the cut-off!

Thanks for response. I am anemic and have low iron..hate iron supplements and have hard time getting enough iron from my diet. Iron supplements are very hard on my stomach. I have been taking Stamina from Jamieson and tolerating it well, but was wondering if there are other options out there..
  • estatitra
    Nobody else takes supplements?
  • Hopefully you see some more responses soon! Have you looked at just the regular "One-A-Day" multi-vitamins? There are women-specific ones that have additional iron in them I'm pretty sure.
  • buckeyesml
    buckeyesml Posts: 5 Member
    I take Centrum as recommended by my doctor.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    I take a vegetarian multiple (not vegetarian). It is made by Schiff. It has 100% of your daily iron in 2 pills.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    I take Trader Joe's Woman's multi formula with iron and mag
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Hey there! I'm interested in seeing what others use, but I personally use Shakeology - it can be used as a meal replacement shake or a pre- or post- work-out supplement! Depending on the flavor, it ranges from 19-33% of your recommended daily intake of iron (chocolate being my favorite with 33%!).

Well, I definitely do not do this and most of the time it is beachbody coaches trying to promote a product.

Anyway, I try to get all that I need through food, but I do take a women's multivitamin.

Edited for typos
  • I take Centrum Silver Chewables *LOL* along with Slo-Mag 64 mg (but the Slo-Mag is doctor ordered) and Caltrate with D and occasionally I'll pop a couple of D vitamins.
  • waipepe
    waipepe Posts: 110 Member
    I take digestive enzymes to help me digest food better, zinc and a supplement to help my liver function even better. I don't have any health issues, these are just supplements suggested by a medical practitioner based on some test results.

I don't take a multivitamin as I already get my nutrients from the foods I eat.
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    I take one supplement, but its zinc picolinate for my skin! Sorry that's not really helpful. 50 mg every other day from NOW foods. :)
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    I take one called "Alive" made by Nature's Way. There are a few different formulations out there, but the one for women does have the full RDA of iron in it. It's a little more expensive than your normal every day multi, but it feels worth it to me as I get borderline anemic at times too. Hope that helps!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Couple women I know at the gym take Opti-Women from Optimum. They seem to like it.
  • slimteddy
    slimteddy Posts: 9 Member
    I take GNC Women's Ultra Mega Entergy & Metabolism Dietray Supplement but i only take 1 aday MON - FRI.