Air fryer recipes

tbplanning08
tbplanning08 Posts: 1 Member
What are your favorite air fryer recipes or favorite thing to cook in it?

Replies

• alliroberts38462
    alliroberts38462 Posts: 1 Member
    chicken,Pork chops,Sweet Potato fries(homemade)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    acpgee wrote: ยป
    I love my air fryer. Great for removing subcutaneous fat from chicken and duck. Skin on chicken, duck breasts, duck legs. Score the skin of the duck and cook at 200C.

For skin on fish fillets I like to air fry 3 minutes skin side up at 200C and then peel off the skin with tongs. Lay skin beside the fish to crisp up to a crackling. Use your nose because skin can burn before fish is ready if the filets are thick.

I make roast dinner in the air fryer. Put in a small joint of roast beef or half a leg of lamb. Boil peeled potatoes for two minutes, drain and shake with fat (duck or goose fat, or butter are all good) in the dry pan to roughten up the edges. Scatter around the meat. Air fry about 40 minutes giving potatoes a turn half way.

Top tips: Get an instant read meat thermometer to take the guess work out of cooking meat. Cut a piece of silicon mesh to fit the bottom of the basket. Nothing sticks to the silicon mesh.

Yesterday I made bitterballen in the air fryer. These are a dutch bar food, croquettes made of beef stew that are liquid when you bite into them. The cheat's version is to make a roux using 75 g of flour and 75 g of butter. Then stir in a 400ml tin of commercial beef stew. Cool down to 5C and then roll the congealed stew into golf balls and roll in flour, egg white and bread crumbs. Spray with oil. Air fry 10 minutes. Next time I might experiment with adding gelatine, because official recipes specify making the stew with lots of gelatinous bones. The firmer the congealed stew is, the easier it is to handle.

x7n1s3f8389s.jpeg

This looks AMAZING!

I love everything from throwing in plain chicken/turkey breast with spices to veggies to cakes/cookies. Just google "best air fryer recipes" there are too many to name!!! It is so much fun to throw everything and anything into it and see how it comes out, lol.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I also use the air fryer for roasting vegetables. It is better insulated and more energy efficient than my oven.

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-roast-any-vegetable-101221

Almost everything I used to do in the oven I do in the air fryer. Baking small lasagnas, clafoutis, etc.

The only dish I still prefer doing in a conventional oven is spatchcock whole chicken. This makes use of the fact that a conventional oven is hotter on the perimeter (where the legs are) and cooler in the centre (where the breasts are). When I try to do whole or half chicken in the air fryer the breasts are overcooked when the legs are done because the temperature is too even.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    axxa48k9dain.jpg
    This was just plain turkey breast with some spices. It comes out AMAZING! The taste is completely different from when I bake it like usual. Experiment with everything!
  • 130by304eva
    130by304eva Posts: 1 Member
    Cauliflower is delicious!
  • janemoyes7
    janemoyes7 Posts: 1 Member
    Got a Air Fryer for Christmas, now I am looking for some good recipes. Anything special? I see Cauliflower. Fried in air?
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Air fryers are just really efficient & effective convection ovens. Any recipe that involves roasting will work well in an air fryer. My favorites are potatoes and roasted veggies but I can't really say that the results are miles better than what can be achieved in a regular convection oven.
  • Jamicagirl26
    Jamicagirl26 Posts: 5 Member
    Love my air fryer
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Great ideas!!!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    I have air fried sweet potato fries for lunch frequently.....cut into fries, toss with a tiny bit of oil, season how you like, and yum!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    8vgx2v65rz7l.jpeg
    Air fryer Potatoe
    Dice ๐ŸŽฒ or wedge potatoes ๐Ÿฅ”
    Season (sea salt ,pepper,garlic powder,etc your choice)
    Spray with 0cal cooking spray
    Every 7min check it cooks 21 min approx test with fork ๐Ÿด.400* temp

Cheese sandwich ๐Ÿฅช
    Wheat bread ๐Ÿž
    Swiss ๐Ÿง€ or provolone cheese (70cal a slice) or. Vegan ๐ŸŒฑ cheeses any will do
    Sprinkle a little shredded if like also on the slice.
    On top margarine,alternative vegan,or Pam cooking spray 0cal or brush a little olive oil
    350* for 8-9minutes

Restaurant style tortilla chips
    Tortilla chips put in basket ๐Ÿงบ
    Turn on 350* for 3-5minutes pour into bowl for family (Read serving sizes on packing to decide how many per person.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I have since experimented with Dutch bitterballen (croquettes made from congealed beef stew that are liquid when you bite into a hot one). These are are a typical bar snack in Holland.

My hack recipe involves making extra roux (50 g butter and 50 g flour) and stirring in a 400 ml tin of ready made beef stew. Also add a packet of softened gelatine which makes the congealed cold batter easier to handle.

Instead of rolling cold batter into balls according to the classic recipe just cut into cubes. Toss in flour, egg, breadcrumbs. For the air fryer I like to make oily breadcrumbs that have been toasted in olive oil because that is easier than spraying finished product with oil. Freeze in trays and transfer to ziplock bags once frozen. When you want to serve, air fry 10 minutes at 200C.

This idea of cutting a trayful of cubes is great for croquettes and arancini too. I stole the idea from an episode of Mind of a Chef featuring Daid Chang. Much easier than rolling batter into balls.

heryid21s2l1.jpeg
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,636 Member
    @acpgee I just want to say that all of your dishes (here and other threads) look amazing.
  • SunshineShari
    SunshineShari Posts: 10 Member
    Hi my name is Shari and I'm very excited about this post. I bought an air fryer a few months ago but I haven't used it much. I plan on using some ideas from all your great ideas.