Heart Rate Monitor and Sex

Options
This is going to be a weird topic, but has anyone ever worn a HRM monitor during sex? What were the results? I guess I am more curious than anything and have heard a wide range of calories burnt. I am just looking for someone who has actual data. I might have to get a monitor to experiment...

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    HRMs will not give you "actual data". Under those conditions, they are no more accurate than making up a number out of thin air.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    TOO FUNNY...i was just thinking of that.....sadly i dont' have anyone to experiment with LOL
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    HRMs will not give you "actual data". Under those conditions, they are no more accurate than making up a number out of thin air.

I don't understand how you could say it wouldn't give actual data, in cardio calories are burned based on heart rate, it really wouldn't depend on what cardio you are doing. thats like saying it wouldn't give you an accurate account for running....
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    Not sure about the HRM, but I know there is an iPhone app that counts the thrusts and such. It's called Bedometer. Haven't tried it as I don't own an iPhone, just read an article about it.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I actually wore mine once... but it was just a quicky, lol. I know sex burns a lot.. I'm up for another check. Perhaps I will and repost! :tongue: I think for 10 min it was like 50 something.
  • robstot
    robstot Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Not weird. Just not sure how to reply. But I have read anywhere from 200-350. good as any numbers I would guess.
  • Lizandrk
    Lizandrk Posts: 4
    Options
    "Bedometer", AWESOMENESS!!!!
  • lrmoore13
    lrmoore13 Posts: 16
    Options
    Obviously they will not give you exact data, and I don't plan to predicate my menu on how long we stayed up the night before, but surely someone has been at least as curious as me and has tried it. The problem is that all the numbers I have seen ARE pulled out of thin air.
  • Lizandrk
    Lizandrk Posts: 4
    Options
    I have heard 100 cals for AN HOUR of low intensity sex. Then like only 200 cals for "vigorous" sex for an hour. Come on now, how many people actually do that? :D I'd say sex is for fun, not workout. More productive (calorie burn wise) to jump on an elliptical! Just my two cents!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    LOL....my friends actually asked me to wear mine and report back to them. So not weird at all. But they just asked so I haven't gotten the chance to do it.
  • robstot
    Options
    I think my numbers were skewed then, maybe it was trying to catch somebody first that added up to those numbers. Just kidding. I guess more research is needed.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    i actually added this "cardio exercise" to my diary a cpl weeks ago for giggles. WebMD gives a figure of 85 cals for 30 mins, so that is what I used. The hubby is actually down for using the HRM, we just haven't. I guess he figures that if I like the numbers then he can "exercise" with me more often!!! lol :laugh:

Hey...I figure if we need to log EVERYTHING that we put into our mouths that we ought to be able to log EVERY activity that helps to work it off! Right? :wink:
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options

Hey...I figure if we need to log EVERYTHING that we put into our mouths that we ought to be able to log EVERY activity that helps to work it off! Right? :wink:

Before I read the full sentance I totally thought you were going somewhere else with this :blushing:
  • lrmoore13
    Options
    I just went to the Bedometer site. The app has a "single-player" or "multi-player" setting. Genius!!!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This is too funny! Did you also know that there is an entry for sperm in the food database?? 75 calories! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

ETA: Ha! I guess I did go there!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    i actually added this "cardio exercise" to my diary a cpl weeks ago for giggles. WebMD gives a figure of 85 cals for 30 mins, so that is what I used. The hubby is actually down for using the HRM, we just haven't. I guess he figures that if I like the numbers then he can "exercise" with me more often!!! lol :laugh:

AMEN to that I can't see a single guy i know not using that as an excuse--- oh i'm sorry you missed that work out earlier today cause baby wasn't sleeping...we could fix that now!! LOL....
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    This is too funny! Did you also know that there is an entry for sperm in the food database?? 75 calories! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

ETA: Ha! I guess I did go there!

HAHA ... no way!! That is too funny. I love how every dirty topic gets like 5 times as many hits on our forum!
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    I actually tried to find sex in the exercise database the other day and couldn't find it. I guess in reality you would have to quantify what type of sex. I mean I think you burn less calories if you're on the bottom.... :blushing:
  • lrmoore13
    Options
    That's it. I am getting a monitor and doing a strictly scientific study. Will report back with results.
  • robstot
    Options
    sales of HRM's just increased across the continent