Should i bulk, or stay on my cut?

Options
I've been on a cut for almost a year now, lost 30+ kilos. I'm 170 cm tall (5'7") and I weigh around 73KG (160lb). I've lost a lot of fat but my body still feels soft, so I feel like I should bulk. But I'm not sure if my current body fat is low enough for me to do so. I believe I have a little over 20% body fat, but you can see for yourself from the pics:

https://imgur.com/a/s2KpG3U

Should I keep on cutting for a while or start transitioning towards a bulk?

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Are you training? If so? What program?
  • 69JesusHentaiChrist69
    69JesusHentaiChrist69 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    Are you training? If so? What program?

Almost done with my 1 year beginner program "Bigger Leaner Stronger" by Micheal Matthews. I plan on doing it again for 2019 but instead of cutting i'll be bulking instead.

I did it mostly to maintain my muscles while losing fat, but I did seem to gain some muscle over time. I'm still relatively weak in all the big lifts, however.
  • mmapags
    Options
    Looking at your pic, I don't think you need to cut more. You can run a lean bulk or recomp and gain some muscle.
  • 69JesusHentaiChrist69
    Options
    Quick question: If I switch from cutting to bulking, should I directly go into a caloric surplus or do I go into maintenance for a week or two first?
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Not sure why I was woo'd for giving common advice that is given on here. 🤷
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    It's really a matter of preference, for me, I like to do a week at maintenance between any bulk/cut shift. But some people prefer to jump right in, long term I don't think it really matters. What are you most comfortable with?
  • mmapags
    Options
    Not sure why I was woo'd for giving common advice that is given on here. 🤷

Maybe they think they are cheering you? Nothing wrong with your advice. It is a good option for the OP.
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If you want to get stronger, why not bulk for a few months? You've proven to yourself that you can drop weight and it seems like a fair reward. In listening to the experts (Helms & Israetel) on Youtube this weekend it sounds like 20% isn't a red flag as a starting point for bulking. Personally, I've been cutting since April and am bulking now not because I'm super lean but because I'm sick of getting weaker.