I'm engaged!!

Options
So I've had a bit of a roller coaster journey with my weight loss! Back in high school when I thought I was 'fat' (while only being mildly overweight, really) I started off by extremely restricting my food and got myself down to around 68kg, then I started MFP and managed to get myself down to 65kg.

Then came a terrible job, lots of stress, a boyfriend struggling with depression, what I now recognise as at least a mild binge eating disorder bought on by the terrible job and all sorts of things! Put everything back on, plus more, to the point where my highest weight was 95kg, at 158.5cms tall (obese).

3 weeks ago I fully recommitted and have been aiming to maintain a 500cal deficit from my TDEE each day. Aiming to not weigh myself until the end of October (to try to attempt to not fall into my old pitfalls of obsessing that MFP tended to encourage)

Eeep :) Then this week came along and the love of my life, who I've been with for more than 4 years, proposed to me.

Helloooooo motivation.

My question for the engaged/soon to be married/already married ladies - I get that this is just a giddy sense of motivation after a huge life event. Did you find that it maintained fairly easily or did it wear off once the initial butterflies were gone? :)

Replies

• frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    wow thats awesome. what a wonderful time for you! good luck with everything :)
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Sorry, you asked for ladies, I'm a married man. Yes, the giddy feeling will subside, like in all things. I think losing a reasonable amount of weight before your wedding is a good personal challenge to take on. Those wedding pictures will be around a long while. The key thing though is to get past binge eating due to stress. Marriage will not solve anything, it will be a source of stress too--trust me!!! You need to figure out alternatives to deal with stress (don't all of us here on this website?!) besides comfort grazing. I'd visit the scale at least once a week to keep you on track, its easy to rationalize that little nibble here and there--the scale never lies to you and it keeps you honest.

Congratulations on your engagement.