Looking for bluetooth pedometer

bigbandjohn
bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
edited January 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi.

I am looking for a simple bluetooth pedometer that works with the MFP app on my phone. I don't want a watch. I have used one and really didn't like it that much. It occasionally can be uncomfortable depending on what I need to do. I also can't always have my phone with me. A simple device I can clip to my belt that can sync with my phone via bluetooth is all I need. A display would be nice, but is not necessary.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Can you not get the clippy fitbits any more?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Fitbit Zip
  • bigbandjohn
    Any other brands? seems like it'd be a larger market.
  • lorrpb
    I think the main market has gone to wrist based devices. I did a Google search and came up with these on Amazon. I don't know if any besides Fitbit will sync with MFP.
    https://www.amazon.com/Pedometers-Belt-Clip-Fitness-Technology/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n:219599011,p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:4009426011
  • bigbandjohn
    Yeah. I tried looking there and on ebay. Just don't see one that syncs with an app that integrates with MFP. It surprises me that non-wrist isn't more popular, as there are a lot of jobs where a wrist device could be a liability. Sure, no heart rate monitor on a belt clip, but do you need it all the time?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yeah. I tried looking there and on ebay. Just don't see one that syncs with an app that integrates with MFP. It surprises me that non-wrist isn't more popular, as there are a lot of jobs where a wrist device could be a liability. Sure, no heart rate monitor on a belt clip, but do you need it all the time?

Most people who can't wear a watch probably use their phone as most phones can be used for step counting now and most of those built-in apps work with MFP such as google fit/SHealth/Apple HealthKit etc

What about a footpod?
  • bigbandjohn

Most people who can't wear a watch probably use their phone as most phones can be used for step counting now and most of those built-in apps work with MFP such as google fit/SHealth/Apple HealthKit etc

What about a footpod?

Interesting idea. My issue is dress code/shoes without laces. I wish I could have my phone on me at work. That would solve everything. My best option would be a "traditional" belt clip pedometer. There has to be more than one option for those.
  • lorrpb
    Why not the Fitbit zip? It seems to address all your concerns.
  • bigbandjohn
    They are a bit pricey. Just seeing if there are other options as well. Like to compare as well. You never know what you may find.