Options
    1.sleeeep
    2.wake up
    3. eat
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Go to 1500 instead?
    That's three 500 calorie meals. :) Still around 500 calorie deficit a week.

And MFP says 1200 is the minimum. <3
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I lose weight at 1500-1600/day. Maybe you can try increasing a little?
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    almost definitely too low. With only 13 lbs to lose, you shouldn't be higher than 1lb/wk loss and your activity level is probably wrong. By MFP standards, you would have to basically be immobile to be sedentary. I'm "very active" with a desk job.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    It's highly unlikely you have the appropriate settings. 1200 is 99% likely too low for you.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Weight? Height? Age?
  • bethanyfranco1
    Options
    I eat 1200 too and today was the 1st day I am not hungry. I figured out that eating egg whites, oatmeal, and FF cottage cheese seems to do the trick. I also eat a lot of veggies. I have an open diary if you want to check it out. Be warned though, there are a bunch of days I went on SF Jello or pudding binges, not so healthy or filling lol
  • escape31
    escape31 Posts: 28
    Options
    Try to eat vegetables and fruits to make sure your usually the calories wisely.
  • emzyloo88
    emzyloo88 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    im 5.3 weight 10.2 and work in a hospital with an actrive child...
    maybe i should increase x
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Weight? Height? Age?

^^^ THIS ^^^. Definitely need to know more to give solid advice. But on the face of it, trying to lose another 10 pounds, my guess is you, and MFP, are being too aggressive. How did you set your target: losing 0.5 pounds/week? 1 pound, 2 pounds? Weight, age and height would help immensely.
  • emzyloo88
    emzyloo88 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Weight? Height? Age?

10stone 2
    5ft 3
  • bethanyfranco1
    Options
    i am also 5'3" and set at 1200, but you are more active than me by a longshot.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would say try eating a bit more - especially protein or whole grains. They stick with you longer than other things
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Thanks, our answers crossed. At 5'3, 10.2 (which translates to 142 pounds if I remember my stones ==> pounds translation), using the TDEE calculator over at Scooby's workshop, using a light exercise level setting (because of your active child), your TDEE is about 2172 calories a day. Since you are trying to lose only about 10 more pounds, I wouldn't recommend trying to lose much more than 1/2 pound a week, maybe a pound, but no more. At 1/2 pound a week, your daily calories should be (2172-(1750/7)) or 1922 calories/day. At 1 pound a week, it would be 1672 calories a day. So yeah, at 1200 calories you are WAY under where I would advise you to be. I'm normally not a big fan of radical increases in calories, jumping right to 1922. So maybe start at about 1500 calories/day for a week, then bump it up another 100 calories each week til you get somewhere between the 1672 and 1922 calories/day.

Good luck. And especially with an active child.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Change your goal. Based on your photo, I would say you're probably close to idea body weight, so a goal of losing 2 pounds a week may be too aggressive. Set it to 1 pound of even 1/2.

Exercise and eat back your exercise calories.
  • boxteross
    boxteross Posts: 1 Member
    Options

good advice here.. what are your current macronutrient targets?
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 too, and was hungry for a few days too. I try to focus on higher fiber and protein to stay fuller longer. Also, water, water, water, water, water. Drink a full glass before and after a meal and you'll not only digest better, but feel like you ate more.

Best of luck!
  • burgosrodrigo
    Options
    I'm a 188 cm man, with 82 kg and look at my calories, 1350 to MAINTAIN, that's it! That's because i'm suffering of metabolic damage. I've finished an cutting about three weeks, and started adding just 50 kcal per week, this way i keep my body fat while i increase my metabolism, meanwhile i die of hungry:(
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm a 188 cm man, with 82 kg and look at my calories, 1350 to MAINTAIN, that's it! That's because i'm suffering of metabolic damage. I've finished an cutting about three weeks, and started adding just 50 kcal per week, this way i keep my body fat while i increase my metabolism, meanwhile i die of hungry:(

You really shouldn't be cutting with metabolic damage.