Looking for friends & anyone doing dry January

Options
2»

Replies

• laurenthecarts
    laurenthecarts Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Today starts day 4. Last night could have made today day 1, but I resisited. Frustrations typically lead me to drink a glass to unwind, but I have decided to do this and I'm not going to let a minor issue derail me 😊 Happy 4th day everyone!

Well done!! I hope you're looking forward to a hangover free weekend - it's gonna be worth it :D
  • laurenthecarts
    Options
    hinokio61 wrote: »
    Definitely! My workplace distributes free beer on Fridays, which I may have partaken in a few too many times last year. Happy to be on board for Dry January with you!

Aaaah - I would both love and hate to have beer at work haha! Well done on the commitment!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Made it past Friday unscathed 😁 Who else is still here?
  • Kibbleman
    Kibbleman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Had alcohol on the 2nd which was my last. No plans to start again.

Planning on going out tonight, soda water and lime will do just fine.

Good luck to those abstaining.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,387 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    For those who might find the format a supplemental support, there is a "Less Alcohol for January - One day at at time" thread on the Challenge board (scroll down or use "search" to find it)

Near the top right of the same board right now is a "Sober Squad" thread that is an ongoing community-style (like what is evolving here)
  • laurenthecarts
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Made it past Friday unscathed 😁 Who else is still here?

Woop - still here! I kept myself busy last night by playing Xbox with my sister all evening. I've surprisingly not even been tempted so I think the rest of the weekend will be fine! I say surprisingly as in the past when I've set myself the goal of not drinking during the week it feels like I'm counting down the days til the weekend...

I think being in it together is a big motivational factor! 🙌
  • laurenthecarts
    Options
    Kibbleman wrote: »
    Had alcohol on the 2nd which was my last. No plans to start again.

Planning on going out tonight, soda water and lime will do just fine.

Good luck to those abstaining.

Well done and good luck for tonight! I hope your friends are supportive and not the 'peer pressure' type.

Has anyone seen the amazing video comparing social drinking to eating sausage rolls?! If you haven't- YouTube it, it's awesome!!