50lbs in 48 Weeks. Need Motivational Friends!

Options
I spent 8 years in the Army and have been working a desk job at a law firm for the last 6 years. I went from being super fit to gaining 50lbs. I just turned 34 on Dec 7th and would like to lose these 50lbs by my 35th birthday, 48 weeks from now. I've tried doing this a few times now but always fall off when I stop counting my calories. Need some MFP friends for some motivation and accountability!!! What do you all do to stay motivated and on track?

Replies

• witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I’m working to lose at least 50 pounds.
  • vfisher1105
    vfisher1105 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm working to lose 40! Let's do this!
  • tay0179
    tay0179 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’m working to loose 50lbs too and have a desk job so need to keep a very close track on my calories too... sneaky things they are when they are not counted ha!
  • andezz99
    andezz99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been there.... Your time frame is reasonable but it requires disipline and two things, good nutrition and exercise. If you only focus on one you are likely going to fall off the wagon. I find that logging results daily is important, did you work out today, did you eat well, if you didn't eat well are you going to fix that tomorrow? When your in a social situation around food or alcohol that don't promote your goals are you going to cave to temptation or be strong? When you make progress, I find that the little rewards that come along help push you to the next level "You look great, did you loose weight", "how do you keep your arms so toned", that's encouragement that will help keep you on track. You can do it... many have, why not you?
  • JulieAnnJacobs
    JulieAnnJacobs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I'm working to lose 40. Can I join you!?!? Need help staying on track!!
  • parko_parko
    parko_parko Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in same boat I need too lose around 50 pounds I goin away in October and wanna get my
    Weight bk down
  • pnst84ever
    pnst84ever Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen! I was active air force and when I left and got a desk job, long commutes plus a vending machine made for a huge gain. I've finally made the decision to fix my weight gain (about 60 lbs) one good decision at a time. I almost blew it yesterday, but I caught it in time and am really motivated by my results. I have a milestone birthday in december and want to be in better shape. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • soniatudor
    soniatudor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m 31, I did 7 years in the army, left in 2015 but piled on the weight. Managed to lose 45lbs last year so looking to lose the next 45lbs to be super fit again 🙂
  • SaltyDave
    SaltyDave Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Had it happen when I left the marine Corps. My motorcycle accident didn't help much. Needless to say, I have been struggling with it ever since. Request sent!
  • mhthestudio
    mhthestudio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat many others have mentioned. I was very active and I ate in a very clean, healthy way. Then, I moved to San Francisco a year and a half ago to take a wonderful, but demanding and stressful job. My inclination towards sedentary life, combined with too much food and living so close to Sonoma wine country has led me to the situation I'm in now. Overweight and unhappy. I'm hoping to take off between 40 and 50 pounds this year. And I know I will need help!