I have a cousin going through his 'rebellious teenage years' and somehow he got into the gym and got so obsessed with it, which is a good thing because while he is so into fitness, he's away from bad boys and reckless behaviors
However, he does not have a couch and gets help from 'bodybuilders' at the gym who have no professional training. I'm not sure about his height, but he would be around 165+ cm and 60KG. he would like to "lose weight" and build his muscles. Seeing that he trusts me with fitness (unlike his parents although his dad is a PE teacher, swimming and basketball coach), I would like to be able to help him as much as I can (i just got him to stop consuming protein powder and just eat healthily!). I have no idea about bodybuilding, soooo ... I have a few questions!
1. is it safe for him at this age to go full mode into bodybuilding rather than just being fit and healthy?
2. what would you recommend his macros to be?
3. training days, how much a week?
4. are there things he should NOT be doing at the gym at his age?
5. do you think he would benefit from this app? or do you recommend other apps...
Thank you all
PS. I know that the best way is for him to have a trainer and see a nutritionist; however, since his parents aren't crazy about this and unfortunately aren't listening to what he wants, let alone help him do it right, there is no way to get a trainer or a nutritionist.