Back after a break with a new incentive ;)

Options
So, I’ve been away for a while now. I’ll be honest I got really fed up with tracking every day, it became so tedious but I’m so disappointed in myself for stopping. Now, after months away and the Christmas break, I wish so badly I’d have kept up with it. I know it works for me, yet I’ve let myself down.

This evening I sat googling Cambridge Weight Plan (which I’ve done before) but £50 a week for 400 cals a day... urgh! Then I considered slimming world (new to me) and only £5 a week with a regular weigh in to help keep me on track.

Finally I came back to thinking about mfp and it’s no nonsense, simple approach. None of this dressing calories up as points or syns. I decided it’s time I got back on track and back to tracking and I thought up a little incentive...

Instead of paying to be weighed at a club each week, I’m going to weigh myself at home weekly and put £5 in a tin each time (£10 if I’m feeling flush - I’m only a grad student after all). As soon as I reach a stone in weight loss I will empty the tin and go spend it on some new clothes :D I will continue to do so until I reach my goal.

I’ve not weighed myself in a few weeks but think I have approximately 3 stone to lose. I plan to weigh in and make my first incentive deposit tomorrow morning! The new clothes will be both a nice reward and a requirement for the new slimmer and healthier me!

It’s good to be back!

Does anyone else use rewards as incentives?

Replies

• BigSyxx
    BigSyxx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great idea on saving the cash and making it a personal self reward