How to log Calorie effort for CrossFit exercise without a Heart Rate Monitor

Options
As the title suggests, I would like to record my CrossFit Sessions in the diary. I don’t have a Heart Rate Monitor, so if anyone has a suggestion on how to record my efforts.

Replies

• Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    How I would log my workouts was take the time for the metcon and record that under circuit training. Ex: a 15 min AMRAP I would log at 15 minutes of circuit training. The strength training doesn't really burn much in terms of calories, just helps build/retain muscle and improve body composition. After a while of collecting data and tracking calories, I found that I personally burn about 250 calories per class (5'4" with weight from 165 to 145 lbs)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I tried CF briefly years ago...I just logged it as circuit training since that's what my classes most resembled.
  • Sentinel_UK
    Sentinel_UK Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    How I would log my workouts was take the time for the metcon and record that under circuit training. Ex: a 15 min AMRAP I would log at 15 minutes of circuit training. The strength training doesn't really burn much in terms of calories, just helps build/retain muscle and improve body composition. After a while of collecting data and tracking calories, I found that I personally burn about 250 calories per class (5'4" with weight from 165 to 145 lbs)

Sounds like a good way to log. Most sessions are an AMRAP or EMOM. So will log those as you advise as Circuit Training

When we work on Strength movements like 1RM I’ll just log as Strength Training