New (fairly) to MFP

Options
I've been using MFP for about a month solo. Then I realized I was completely missing out on the community part!

Anywho, here's the "skinny" on me: I'm a 28 year old female looking to lose about 60lbs. I'm 209 now and looking at getting to about 150. That's my initial thoughts on it anyway, but I'll just listen to my body as I begin to lose. My first mini-goal is to get below 200. I'm already feeling a million times better than I was. It's amazing what just eating better and moving a little more can do for you. I know that most of the problems/diseases in my family are caused by carrying excess weight. I need to do something about it now while I can.

I'm looking to build a support group, so you guys feel free to friend me! I'll give support to y'all too!

Let's be losers! :)

Hope to hear from y'all soon,

Katie

Replies

• mberner2
    mberner2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing, losing a little bit of weight and moving daily has made a huge difference.

Friends on here help motivate me as much as my family (sometimes) does.

Losers :)
  • siralex0014
    Options
    So glad that you started! That is always the hardest part. When I first got on here I didn't know that they had a community. I think it was a few months before I noticed. Good work on your first month!
  • melanieb8273
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I had fallen off the wagon so to speak so trying to get back on track. I am looking to lose about 50 pounds. I am currently at 197 then I will take it from there
  • want2lovemybody
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)