Breakfast ideas

Does anyone have any suggestions for tasty breakfast ideas? I mainly work from home so happy to cook but looking for some new ideas that are filling and relatively low cal. I get bored easily eating cereal/porridge etc so looking to change things up a bit.

Replies

• vegasvada
    vegasvada Posts: 11 Member
    Hi! I just made breakfast and I really like it. I don’t know what your goals are but I just watch my calories. So I had half an avocado and one “fried” egg. I use cooking spray to fry my egg and then I put make a sandwich using a whole wheat 45 calorie bread and then I grill the sandwich like you would a grilled cheese but again I use cooking spray and just season my avacdco and egg like I want. 1yu0x4d8r2ks.jpeg
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i had an english muffin with an egg on it this morning. sometimes i do the muffin with peanut butter. sometimes a bagel and cream cheese.

im really not a big breakfast person. if im hungry, ill eat it, if not, i wont.
  • DwerryMouse
    DwerryMouse Posts: 24 Member
    Vegasvada - I’d have never thought to try avacado with egg. I’ll give that a try.

Callsitlikeiseeit - I do like egg muffins, sometimes add a bacon medallion too. I wish I could take it or leave it but I always seem to wake up so hungry that I could eat a large meal. Although something standard usually does the trick :)
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Eggs are my go-to for breakfast. These are a couple of my regular breakfasts:

- Scrambled Eggs: 2 whole eggs, 3/4 cup of egg whites scrambled with green chilies and red bell pepper. (220 calories)

- Omelette: 1 egg, 3/4 cup egg whites, 100g mushrooms, 100g spinach, cooked in 1 tsp of coconut oil (236 calories)

- Egg Sandwich: 1 egg, 1/2 an English muffin, 1/2 oz cheddar cheese, 2 slices of center cut bacon (245 calories)

I usually add a side of hashbrowns to any of these which adds 70-140 calories depending on if I decide to have 1 serving or 2.
  • ee2368
    ee2368 Posts: 86 Member
    Does anyone have any suggestions for tasty breakfast ideas? I mainly work from home so happy to cook but looking for some new ideas that are filling and relatively low cal. I get bored easily eating cereal/porridge etc so looking to change things up a bit.

b84q4rb17wbf.jpeg
  • ee2368
    ee2368 Posts: 86 Member
    The above is 1.) scrambled eggs with spinach, diced onions, and diced peppers 2.) cheese on Hawaiian rolls (don’t judge, it’s in my calorie deficit 😂) just eat one piece
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    My typical breakfast is 1 cup of fruit (usually red seedless grapes, sometimes blueberries, occasionally clementine segments), weighed out, topped with a 6oz container of Greek yogurt with a granola bar crumbled over the top. You know the Nature Valley bars that come two in a packet? I use half the packet.

Depending on the bar, the fruit, and the weight, that's generally around 300-330 calories.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    My breakfast is usually plain full-fat greek yogurt mixed with berries and protein powder. I mix up the berries and flavor of protein powder to keep it interesting. Trutein Lemon Meringue Pie protein powder and raspberries is my mostest favorite. :p
  • DwerryMouse
    DwerryMouse Posts: 24 Member
    These sound yummy, I shall be stealing some ideas 😊
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I'm not very exciting, I just like scrambled eggs and bacon in a tortilla
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I have either of these for breakfast or lunch:

a15799554f34c5b900b8e3f43ab97bb3.png