Knee Pain

Options
Is there anything I can do to ease my knee pain? I know for a fact that my knees hurt terribly because they can't support my weight. I want to start walking again but really need something to help ease the pain.
Any advice?

Replies

• bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Take baby steps Hurt my knee in March just starting to get in the swing of things. Just remember to take Ibuprofen before you exercise and don't push it and remember to ice after wards. Had to go through 2 month of pt to get where I can walk/run with it being achy but not too painful.
  • misskate1987
    Options
    Double check with a Dr/Physio about the reason behind your pain.

I thought my pain had to do with my weight (probably didn't help) but it turns out I actually have a couple of other problems with it. I needed to tape mine for a while (need to start again, actually) and did a few strengthening exercises as set out by my physio.

Take it easy - just do what you can.

But, and I repeat, please go see a Dr and/or physio.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    What they said. Talk to the doctor. I might also suggest a course of physical therapy, which can help tremendously. They were the ones who set me on this course by helping me during rehab from knee replacement in September. A good P.T. is worth their weight in gold.

Ibuprofen and ice are your best friends. And I don't know if you belong to a facility that has a pool with water aerobics, but that takes much of the stress and strain off and gives a great workout, so you might consider that if you can. Non-weight bearing exercises, (like a bike or swimming), will help with the exercise and weight loss too.