2018 The Year Of Nike

Options
Nike put out some great shoes in 2018, and in my opinion, crushed all other shoe manufacturers.

I own well over 30 pair of running shoes.

Nike
Brooks
Hoka One One
Saucony
Merrell
On
New Balance

And others.

I have never been a Nike guy, but that has changed in 2018.

My top 2 shoes currently are...

Nike Air Zoom Air Pegasus 35
Nike Air Zoom Vomaro 14

I am rotating between these 2 for my half marathon training program.

My second favorite brand is Brooks, and my favorite Brooks are probably the Brooks Levitate.

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I wore Nike shoes for the first 15 yrs or so that I ran. At some point a couple of decades ago, either my foot shape changed or they changed their sizing models, but they have never fit me since.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I’ve never tried on a pair of Nikes that had a toe box correct for my foot.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I need support shoes and only get on with
    Asics gt1000/2000 for running. Been through around 6 pairs last year (I run over 100mile a month without including what I do in PT and classes).
    I use Reebok myflex, in indoor class. Took around 3 months for me to make the transition from wearing support shoes for every thing but worked hard with my trainer to strengthen my ankles (I'm hypermobile).

Did try a pair of Brooks but hated how they felt while running. Nike have always been too narrow in the toe box for me.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I wear Nike almost exclusively but I'm still going to disagree with you (you knew that was going to happen, right? :D ).

I run with a group of 15-20 runners on a regular basis and if you told them about Nike you'd get 10-12 telling you they tried them and hate them. You would find 4-6 saying the same things about Hoka, 5 praising Brooks, a couple wearing ON, and who knows what else. And don't forget about Addias.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    I wear Nike almost exclusively but I'm still going to disagree with you (you knew that was going to happen, right? :D ).

I run with a group of 15-20 runners on a regular basis and if you told them about Nike you'd get 10-12 telling you they tried them and hate them. You would find 4-6 saying the same things about Hoka, 5 praising Brooks, a couple wearing ON, and who knows what else. And don't forget about Addias.

Hahaha.

I own every brand you mentioned, and then some. :)

Shoes are very subjective, and who knows whats coming out this year. My new favorites change with the seasons.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    My road shoes are a pair of Vomeros and a pair of Pegasus. I love the Saucony Peregrine for trails as they are very luggy. I do want to try some max cushion Hokas this year.