At Home Workout

Options
Hi all. I just gave birth to twins via c-section about 2 months ago and am ready to begin exercising again. I do have a gym membership, but with the babies it is hard to get to so I am trying to get some exercise in at home. I have begun squats, jumping jacks, etc. I am looking for any advice from others who workout at home with success. Thanks😁

Replies

• CH435
    CH435 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Look up fitnessblender- they have so many workouts and you can choose what sort and how long etc.
    It’ll stop it being boring if you change it up a lot! Good luck!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender is great

SparkPeople.tv also has some fun/short workouts (they are all about 10 mins is better than nothing)

There are free apps to consider as well like:

MyFitness by Jillian Michaels has five 7 min workouts that you can do without a subscription.

30 Day Fitness Challenge apps (there are free and paid ones so just watch out for that. The one I have I paid $3 to remove ads, but there is no reoccurring subscription)

Workout for Women <- I haven’t used it yet, but looks really nice with lots of variety. Description in the App Store says it’s free and I see no mention of having to pay a subscription or pay to unlock workouts.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Really easy but it works for me to get back into the swing of things. Leslie sansone YouTube. Then I just google beginner zumba
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    For the past four years I have only worked out at home -- I need to be able to roll out of bed and workout, and not have to drive to a gym. And I've been very successful, dropping 60 lbs at my lowest weight and losing many inches.

Beachbody On Demand was a big part of my success. I'm a huge Shawn T fan, so I started with T25 and it helped me drop my first 20 lbs and gave me a great base to work off of. From there I went move to Chalene Extreme, 80 Day Obsession, LIIFT4 and Hammer and Chisel.

I also use workouts from The Betty Rocker. She has some great workouts and she specializes in home workouts, not needing any crazy equipment. She offers a free 30 day challenge with a new workout every day. I did it and it was very impressive. I ended up purchasing some of her other home workout sets and they're great!

About a month ago I decided to switch to Sweatflix, and their videos are awesome. You do need some more equipment with them, which they sell. For instance, I have their Challenger bars, weighted vest and some other equipment that has helped me take my strength training to the next level. I believe Sweatflix offers a 30 day free trial.

I also love the workouts from Blogilates, which you can view all for free on YouTube. She is also all about working from home with very little equipment. Her workouts may look simple, but they are INTENSE as they're a lot of isolations. I use her workouts as a burnout at the end of my strength training. If you sign up for her free newsletter, she sends out a workout calendar every month using all her workouts. And she does free monthly challenges -- for January we're doing a 100 Abs Challenge, where every day you do 100 reps of a different ab workout.

And I just signed up for Daily Burn for two months free (got it because I signed up for a Spartan race in November), but I believe they normally have a 30 day free period. I plan to start using their Spartan workouts, and they have tons of other stuff on there too.

Oh and if you love to dance, check out the Fitness Marshall on YouTube. He does choreographed dances to popular songs -- he has a ton on his channel. And it's all free! :D Plus he's just funny. LOL
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    YouTube channels like fitness blender and popsugar are my go tos for at home workouts! I also like the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. If your looking for a strength routine there is a post with lots of options. I like nerd fitness.
    Being 2 months out from a c section I would definitely suggest starting slow and low impact and if you respond well then increase slowly. Listen to your body and your doctors 😊 congratulations on your twins!!!
  • jbuksa6
    jbuksa6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For the past year and a half I have used beachbody. I have to say with kids I love it. The group I am in has a ton of moms and this helps keep me going. We share challenges with each other and I have not only lost 58 lbs but I found some amazing new friends unexpectedly. The variety of programs is awesome also
  • monicapiazza
    monicapiazza Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love at home workouts. It’s the only exercise I’ve ever really done aside from swimming more recreationally and walking (when there is not 3 feet of snow outside haha). In the past I’ve had great success with turbo jam from Beachbody. I loss over 45 pounds with that one. I’m doing 8 weeks of that now and then will do the 10 weeks of T25. Good luck in whatever you choose!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Echoing FitnessBlender. I was side-eyeing it, but then Sworkit changed their model, and I figured it was worth a try. I really, really like it -- you can find a good variety, and filter to what you want, and the female trainer, at least, isn't all "YAY WE'RE GONNA GET THIN!"; she's lean, but thinness isn't the goal -- strength is.
  • Mominajourney
    Mominajourney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    jbuksa6 wrote: »
    For the past year and a half I have used beachbody. I have to say with kids I love it. The group I am in has a ton of moms and this helps keep me going. We share challenges with each other and I have not only lost 58 lbs but I found some amazing new friends unexpectedly. The variety of programs is awesome also

I was thinking about doing beachbody is their a certain group or coach to make things better? al i've done so far is look into the on demand
  • jbuksa6
    jbuksa6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I actually became a coach in April.
    Being in a group helps so much.
    I found being a coach myself held
    Me more accountable. I never thought o would be a coach or even liking this but I fell in love with the shakeology and wanted a discount. Then my one friend say how much I lost and wanted to do it also.
    She lost 70 lbs so far since April. Now she he group has grown. You can always work with us. Bunch of busy moms, and women trying their best and encouraging each other along the way.