SURPRISE!!!

Options
I'm a fresh 34 years old.
I'm an Army veteran.
I've gained 75lbs since leaving the service.
I'm now 5'10, 215lbs, work a desk job and don't remember my last workout.

Tonight I did 15 mins on my exercise bike. Then an hour or 2 later... SURPRISE!!! I rode my bike for an entire hour in a second workout I did NOT have planned.

I'm going to get there.
I'm going to be healthy and fit again.
I'm going to be 165 by my next birthday.

My diary is public. I could use motivation and support to keep me going. Add me and keep me in check!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,212 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm a fresh (almost) 40 years old.
    I'm an Army veteran.
    I gained over 70 pounds after leaving the service, hitting slightly more than 200 pounds at one point.
    Today I'm 5'4, 140 pounds (actually a bit more thanks to Holiday creep), work a desk job and used my elliptical 2 nights ago, walked yesterday, and am (shockingly) a distance runner now (though I've been slacking there... need to sign up for a race to help keep me focused).

MFP helped me to lose that weight several years ago, and I have been able to mostly maintain since then.

Congrats on your unplanned workout! :)

You ARE going to get there.
    You ARE going to be healthy and fit again.
    Just be consistent. Log honestly. Don't beat yourself up if you're not perfect, but do learn from those 'not perfect' moments.

You've got this. :flowerforyou:
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    CowgirlConnieMay Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am currently in the army but have gained weight since joining. I barely passed tape. You can absolutely do this and my goal is to make weight without having to be taped 😔
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Fresh 30yr old, 5’4” mom of 3 with the youngest being 9months.
    Work a desk job... before I got pregnant I lost 35lbs w/ MyFitnessPal in 2014 and got to 140... got lazy and got to 185 before getting preggo last year.

Anyways, now I’m done with kids and focusing on me.
    Current: 193
    Goal weight 130-140?