PLEASE HELP

Options
mithion
mithion Posts: 78 Member
I’m so confused.

So my iPhone health app is “projecting” that I will burn a certain number of calories and that is different than what MyFitnessPal is saying so it’s taking all of my steps and adding over a thousand calories and now I’m way over my calorie limit for the day.

Why?

I ate a lot more than my daily allowance but I also worked out enough to get back to having some calories left but my app says I’m negative 1,450 calories.

Here is what it says-

1,880 goal - 2,650 food - 680 exercise = 1,450 remaining.

2,650 - 680 = 1,970 not 1,450! I’m so confused. I should only be over like 90 calories right?

My steps calorie adjustment is 9,311 steps for -1,174 but my actual total steps for the day are 13,609. Why is it subtracting 1,174 calories from steps I did? Im so confused.

All the FAQ’s say it’s because my iPhone health app is projecting that I will burn? That’s kind of BS, why doesn’t it just log what I actually burn and not make assumptions?

It says my iPhone full day projection is 3,424 but MyFitnessPal thinks it should be 3,369

What? Why doesn’t it just subtract the calories burn from steps and the exercises I manually enter! Why is it projecting? It’s never done this before. I’ve been doing this for a while now and every single day wether its from simply not eating that many calories or by exercising I am always far below even the 1880 for the day, all of a sudden it does this.

SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

I have attached screen shots BTW

Replies

• mithion
    Options
    Sure, let the dog throw up whatever it is and then allow it to drink a lot of water. Check the puke to see if there is anything in it and you light find out what made the dog throw up.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    mithion wrote: »
    I’m so confused.

Why?

What? Why doesn’t it just subtract the calories burn from steps and the exercises I manually enter! Why is it projecting?

because, math is hard ?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Un-sync your health app from MFP.

MFP factors in your calorie deficit in order to lose weight already. You're health app guesses how much you'll burn just by doing your daily activity and factors that in.

If you need to eat 1880 to lose (or gain, whatever you're doing) and you exercise 680 and eat 2650 you are only over 90.

With the two apps synced you're double dipping your activity levels.

PulpFiction.gif
  • mithion
    edited January 2019
    Options
    MrLimuzin wrote: »
    For starters - the way you worded what you're trying to say about steps, and calories associated with steps, is confusing, so I won't talk about that.

As far as the calories mentioned before you went into talks about steps.. if your target daily caloric consumption is 1,880 and you consumed 2,650 calories worth of food, then 1,880 - 2,650 = -700. If you then burn 680 calories doing exercise.. you're still going to be 20 calories overboard on your caloric intake. You still have work to do to get down to your daily goal of 1,880 calories, or to.orrow just eat less.

What am I missing?

The app says I am negative 1,450 calories not only 20 like you say or only 90 like JustReadTheInstructions said...
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    mithion wrote: »
    MrLimuzin wrote: »
    For starters - the way you worded what you're trying to say about steps, and calories associated with steps, is confusing, so I won't talk about that.

As far as the calories mentioned before you went into talks about steps.. if your target daily caloric consumption is 1,880 and you consumed 2,650 calories worth of food, then 1,880 - 2,650 = -700. If you then burn 680 calories doing exercise.. you're still going to be 20 calories overboard on your caloric intake. You still have work to do to get down to your daily goal of 1,880 calories, or to.orrow just eat less.

What am I missing?

The app says I am negative 1,450 calories not only 20 like you say or only 90 like JustReadTheInstructions said...

Did you do what @JustReadTheInstructions suggested? Because #1 - super ironic if you didn't and #2 - sure seems like that would solve the problem. Just don't sync