Greetings from Sydney, Australia!

Options
Greetings! (G'day!)
I'm a newbie here... just joined and set up profile etc within the past hour after reading a message from a good friend who turned her life round and sent me a link to this Community. SO...

53 year old Male with the NEED to make life style changes pertaining to food and exercise!

I've tried a few weight loss programs, didnt follow through for a variety of reasons but I think those reasons, for me, spelled the same thing..couldnt be bothered to keep it up. Realised I have to change that attitude.

This site and Community look great and the information is way needed and supportive.

Looking forward to doing this journey with you.
Cheers

Replies

• Me_vs_obesity
    Options
    Welcome!
    Im from WA :D Your going to love MFP.

You can add me as a friend if you like :)
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome, friend! Congratulations on making that first step and signing up.

I think you've made a great realisation when you said the reason you didn't follow through with other programmes is that you "couldnt be bothered to keep it up".

If I might offer something of myself, the reason MFP has been easier to keep up with for me, more so than any other programme, is that there is no magic formula here. All the information is readily available for us on the back of packages (kj to cals is roughly kj/4 = cal - - I use a converter on my phone if I want the exact number when making decisions but usually dividing kj by 4 works. I think the new MFP upgrade means you can track in kj if you want rather than cals too). And if you go out to eat somewhere, you can enter the ingredients (that you can see or that you assume would be in there based on your knowledge of how thing are cooked) into your diary as a best guess guesstimate and you get a good idea of your intake that way.

Hope you find this as awesome a tool as I have.