Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Back to maintenance

pinkgurl456pinkgurl456 Posts: 45Member Member Posts: 45Member Member
I was in maintenance then gained and set MFP to lose now I’m back at my goal weight and don’t wanna lose anymore, my question is how the heck do I go back on maintenance without gaining again do I subtract from my maintenance goal set by MFP ? Has anyone has have this happen ? Thanks.

Replies

• cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 26,524Member Member Posts: 26,524Member Member
    I was in maintenance then gained and set MFP to lose now I’m back at my goal weight and don’t wanna lose anymore, my question is how the heck do I go back on maintenance without gaining again do I subtract from my maintenance goal set by MFP ? Has anyone has have this happen ? Thanks.

If you've been in food logging mode for a while, you should have the data to guess at your own maintenance. If not, go to GOALS and set your goal to maintenance.

You will most likely see a small bump up on the scale - stay the course as long as it's less than five pounds. Five pounds is a normal amount of fluctuation for most people. With that said, the first year of maintenance for me was a bit of a roller coaster. I would say don't keep jumping around calorie-wise. That makes it really hard to dial in maintenance calories. Pick your best number and stick with it for a couple months.

You're not going to gain fat ...it's just glycogen and water. Stay the course for a couple months.
    edited January 5