Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What did you want to be when you grew up?

Options
lauragreenbaum
lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
edited January 2019 in Fun and Games
When I was a little girl I wanted to be a famous singer. I am not. LOL. What did you want to be -- and did you??

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    First a princess
    Then a teacher
    Then a lawyer
    I settled on something performance based like a Broadway dancer.
    I had wanted to be a figure skater at one point and I was!!!
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options
    A Chemist
  • justinewillcutyou
    justinewillcutyou Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    A hairdresser! My entire life, it’s all I ever wanted to be. I went to school for it and got my license and have never regretted it❤️
  • kladgeMFP
    kladgeMFP Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Motocross rider
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    A model for whatever reason lmao
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be invisible. I still want to be invisible :D
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Options
    A Saturday Night Live cast member!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,078 Member
    Options
    Singer in a rock band.....
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to be “taller” when I grew up because I wanted to be bigger than my older sister who used to beat me up on a regular basis. She stopped growing at about 5’6” and I was short so she would do that thing where she’d just hold my head out at arms length and I couldn’t reach her to defend myself. I had a major growth spurt and I grew to 5’11” seemingly overnight. When she tried to bother me again I beat her up once and she never bothered me again! :# Be careful what you wish for though, I’ve never loved being this tall, as a 5’11” Latina woman I kinda feel like a freak and nobody else is this tall in my family not even the men, but nothing I can do about it. :D
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    Besides Rod Stewart's main squeeze you mean? Well, I always wanted to be a school teacher. Life choices led me into the business world which I regret most every. single. day. BOO
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    A fire truck
  • TheBigYin1984
    TheBigYin1984 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Wanted to be a Chef. And I am!
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    A Herman's Hermits groupie
  • steve_bb
    steve_bb Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    A professional golfer
    Fire fighter

Ended up not even close lol
  • BowiesMama
    BowiesMama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Cardio thoracic surgeon
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,115 Member
    Options
    Not so much what I wanted to be but what I wanted to do. I wanted to travel....see the world. I knew there was more out there along those railroad tracks....Joined the army and later the diplomatic corps....and I saw the world....
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Two things, a Mom and a nurse. I guess I've always wanted to care for others since a very young age. I work in the field of caring for clients with Alzheimers and Dementia, and I'm a damn good Mom. I win at life! 💕

This is cute asf! Plus you got good taste in music 😎 they took that thread down btw!
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I wanted to be a paleontologist when I was a child. Later I wanted to be a homicide detective. I am currently a web developer.