Between the devil & the deep blue sea

Options
Hi all. 3 years ago I had lost 50lbs with MFP and maintained well for a further 2 years until I decided to give up smoking!!! I have not smoked for a year now but.....I have put the 50lbs back on comfort/boredom call it what you want eating because I gave up smoking. I am a little person so 50lbs is a lot on my small frame and the extra weight makes moving/walking difficult.....at least I don't cough any more though.

Okay whinge over...now I just have to do it all over again...please wish me well

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Quitting smoking is a major achievement for your health. Congratulations!

You've lost the weight before, so you know how to do it. This puts you way ahead of where you were the first time around.

Just like quitting smoking, take it one day at a time. The hardest part is taking that first step.
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your welcoming and motivating words snickerscharlie. I am actually older than you 70 (I input my age incorrectly so my profile says 54). I am just recovering from a tummy bug (don't you just love 6 year old granddaughters lol) so will be starting in earnest later next week.
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I lost 150 lbs, maintained for three years, and gained back 200! Trust me, I know how you feel about having to do it ALL over again. :(

Edit: Also meant to say good luck and add me as a friend if you'd like!!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    You have done it before and can do it again. It will just be easier this time because you won't be coughing up your lungs when you exercise!
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 4.5 years ago. I ate everything in sight daily, I MOWED through my kitchen! I too gained a bunch of weight, but I was kind to myself and decided to tackle one problem at a time. First I conquered smoking, then I worried about the weight.
    I am down 82 to 83 pounds as of today, I still kept my quit, and I feel much better.
    You can do this!
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    wmweeza wrote: »
    I quit smoking 4.5 years ago. I ate everything in sight daily, I MOWED through my kitchen! I too gained a bunch of weight, but I was kind to myself and decided to tackle one problem at a time. First I conquered smoking, then I worried about the weight.
    I am down 82 to 83 pounds as of today, I still kept my quit, and I feel much better.
    You can do this!

I too think one problem at a time and now that I know I will never smoke again it's time to shed the flab.

Thanks everyone <3