Back in the gym. Day one done

Options
And I'm still nervous about the rest. I signed up for weekly group classes and weekly personal trainer sessions. I'm hoping to get thru January.

Replies

• jbuksa6
    jbuksa6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Make a date with yourself and keep it. It’s your time so enjoy it and stick to it. You got this. Crush those goals
  • Kayshlaf
    Kayshlaf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It was day one for me back at the gym and I was nervous AF. But it's exactly as it was said make a date and keep it. It'll get easier as time goes on. I miss being able to crush and hour and half workout, but we'll both get there!
  • MsDee15
    MsDee15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much @Kayshlaf @jbuksa6 @Running2Fit the plan is Monday and Wednesday 6am. Mon group classes. Wed personal trainer. I'm just nervous I may have bit off more than I can chew. But I will get thru it. Especially with you all support and motivation.
  • jbuksa6
    Options
    You will enjoy the routine once you really start going. Look at it as unwind time. 💪🏻💪🏻
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'll be starting at the gym again tomorrow. Its been quite a while since I regularly went. My goal is 2 days a week this month, then 3 days a week next month.
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Once you start with the routine and you feel those endorphins after each workout, you’ll become addicted. I’ve been working out regularly since 2013 and five years later, I still can’t wait for my morning workouts! Don’t HOPE.... DO! Excellent work in taking the first step!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Just keep showing up. If you truly bit off more than you can chew, you can back off a little, but don't give up. You can add back in later. You're making new habits. I have found that even showing up can be a challenge some days, but once there, I'll do SOMETHING. Usually, something leads to a regular workout, and then I'm so glad I showed up. Like another poster said, look forward to it as down time or "me" time. Then you'll want to show up! You're doing great!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    "Back in the gym. Day one done"
    How did day 2 go?
  • MsDee15
    MsDee15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @pondee629 day 2 was tough (Monday). I'm so sore today. Had to rest from even work too. Planning to go back Friday for a personal training session. Not so excited but I do hope the pain goes away
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    MsDee15 wrote: »
    @pondee629 day 2 was tough (Monday). I'm so sore today. Had to rest from even work too. Planning to go back Friday for a personal training session. Not so excited but I do hope the pain goes away
    ahhh the lactic acid soreness. You know you worked hard when that happens. When I was just starting, day 2 recovery was rough, day 3 was the worst, then day 4 was like it never happened. Keep going at it, and you won’t get sore anymore. ;)

• jbuksa6
    Options
    Keep moving. Your on a roll
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love that ache the day after a good workout, it tells me I worked hard.

Keep it up and you’ll soon have formed the habit of going and habits are hard to break.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    MsDee15 wrote: »

You really should go back today, Wednesday, for, at least, a light workout to keep moving and loosen up/relieve your soreness. Try to get on and keep a regular schedule, making a habit (obsession) of it. keep on keeping on.
  • caindove11
    caindove11 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You will be fine, just take it one day at a time
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Don’t hope. Make a plan and make it happen. You are in control, you can make it happen. The mindset you have can be a powerful thing. Be determined.
    This. This. I need to copy and paste this all over everything I own so I remember!

@MsDee15 - Congrats on completing day one. Like you, I am doing personal training too. It's worth it (I have done it in the past). Just remember day one. I have a quote in my daily planner that means so much: "Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step in your life". Day one is your smallest step on this journey, but it'll be the biggest step in your life.