New to MFP and starting the OMAD

Options
Started doing one meal a day(OMAD) on Dec 24th. It’s going well so far and down 6lbs. Looking to make new friend for support.

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Started doing one meal a day(OMAD) on Dec 24th. It’s going well so far and down 6lbs. Looking to make new friend for support.

just make sure in that one meal a day you are getting enough calories to fuel your body. if your wanting to eat say 1400 calories. then that meal needs to be 1400 calories(not couting exercise).I see too many eating so little then wish they hadnt down the line due to health issues,lethargy,etc.
  • marles69
    marles69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i just started yesterday! i’m excited to hear people’s stories and suggestions
  • odanny66
    odanny66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hope you update this thread with your progress, I'm too thinking of doing that, right now I'm doing two meals a day in an 8 hour window.
  • Fitfabulousme
    Fitfabulousme Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am doing omad, today is day7 for me. Please add me
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100lbs doing omad and never felt deprived. Now I'm doing keto and adding back omad once I get the hang of it. I have 50-60lbs more to lose
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    marles69 wrote: »
    i just started yesterday! i’m excited to hear people’s stories and suggestions

it will work for weight loss as long as you are in a deficit, and as long as it helps you to stick to your calorie goal it can be done. but it IS possible to overeat even on OMAD. ask the many here that have done it and have gained, although for most OMAD it will be hard for them to go over calories it does happen. if you can sustain it then go for it. but its not going to be sustainable for everyone.