Caught in the Act!!!

Options
I was at home today cleaning the house for my daughters 1st and 4th Birthday party. I was hungry and tired so I walked into the kitchen grabbed a granola bar, crackers, cheese and pudding and was about to walk to the living room to have my snack. As I walked down the hall I looked down and what I had grabbed and thought "WHAT ARE YOU DOING????". Without even thinking about it I had slipped right back into my almost 300 lbs habbits. It is that easy.
I walked back to the kitchen and put all of my treats away and grabbed a healthy low cal snack and carried on with my day. I am shocked at how natural it was for me to grab all of that food without thinking about it. It made me realize that this is still going to be a battle and I am going to have to fight hard to stay healthy and reach my goal!

Replies

• cherylpoitevent
    cherylpoitevent Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    GREAT FOR YOU!!!! :):)
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    that is awesome BUT you know there are 90 calorie granola bars now....and i still eat my cheese and crackers and pudding but i try to do sugar free, low fat etc......if i am making a lifestyle change, i am choosing to not deprive myself from things i like because that way its harder to binge on it at any given time and its working....
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Wow. All of those snacks could be healthy but not all at once unless you seriously needed to reload or fill up on calories!!! :happy: It's so strange how I can cook my dinner and look down and looks massive and I know I used to eat this way... but yet I was 20 pounds fatter!! So sometimes eating a lot can be okay, just not all the time...such as... my dinners have been large lately because my breakfast & lunch have not been as big. I like my big dinners but I also miss my big breakfasts. I can't decide which one I'd rather have. :happy:

Good for you, though, hon. Sorry for my rant! haha
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good For You!!! I see you have been on this since Feb 1020. Can I ask how much you have lost so far? I am always looking for friends on here so if you are interested I would love it.
    Debbie
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Good for you Heather! Yes old habit are so very hard to break. Yes this is really going to be a life time battle for me for sure. I have accepted this and each day I try to make new habits. The more we make good choices the more good choice become habit and I am sure you have developed some healthy habits you do now without even thinking about it.

Keep up the good work!
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good job Heather, you should be very proud that you caught yourself. :flowerforyou: You think it's going to be a struggle forever but it won't. Eventually, you'll run to the kitchen, grab an apple and be on your way without even thing about it. I also agree that each one of those snacks is ok alone but not all of them at once.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I like my big dinners but I also miss my big breakfasts. I can't decide which one I'd rather have. :happy:

'They' say you should eat like a KING at breakfast, a PRINCE at lunch, and a PAUPER at dinner.

ENJOY! : )