New to this! 5’11 female wanting to lose half a stone

Options
Hi everyone.
I’m a 5’11 female who currently weighs around 10 stone 9lbs. It’s not overweight, but the heaviest I have been and I can see fat now on my hips and tummy which I never used to have and I know my diet isn’t great.
I have started logging my food diary and was thinking the ideal range to lose some weight would be if I stick to 1600 (ish) calories a day. I know that generally I eat more like 2200 due to my height but I want to lose half a stone.
I’m not wanting to lose more than this.
Is anybody aware of how many calories I should be aiming to eat per day in order to lose a few pounds steadily?
Thanks, it’s really appreciated

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    When you complete the set up on here with your stats, activity setting, goals etc.. it will ask you what rate of weight loss you want to select.
    What that means is for 1lb a week weight loss the site will subtract 500cals a day from what it calculates your weight management calories to be. 1/2lb a week 250cal deficit.

One thing that is unusual here is that your daily calorie goal is for a non-exercise day. When you exercise you are supposed to log your exercise and will get credited with an estimated exercise calorie burn to keep your daily deficit constant.