Hungry after work

Options
I come home after work even though I eat 4 hours ago and I'm still hungry. In addition to the stress of work makes me wanna just dive head first into the fridge. Any suggestions?

Replies

• sbelletti
    sbelletti Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Eat! Plan out your calories throughout the day. I plan snacks so that I never get ravenous. I can eat 10x a day if I want to, but I make sure the total stays within my allotted calories.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    boldantpro wrote: »
    I come home after work even though I eat 4 hours ago and I'm still hungry. In addition to the stress of work makes me wanna just dive head first into the fridge. Any suggestions?

Plan a snack. Prelog it to make sure it will fit your calories.
    Also make sure you aren't undereating. How much weight do you have to lose, and how much of a diet are you eating at?
  • sslayton08
    sslayton08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also hungry after work. I try to have a snack with me to have before I eat dinner. If I dont have something with me on the ride home or eat before I leave work I find myself snacking until dinner. I pack my lunch every day and just add this little extra to my lunch bag. I usually have a greek yogurt, almond or cheese. I try to have something high in protein with some fat in it. I also keep red peppers, cucumbers or something else crunchy with less calories to munch on in the car. We dont typically eat dinner till after 630 some days not till 730 so having this snack is a must for me or I find myself wanting to stop for fast food on the way home.
  • boldantpro
    boldantpro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually start with 2340 a day and about 800 breakfast and lunch with a heavy dinner. How many calories should be a snack? Any cheap suggestions? Lol
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Have a Greek yogurt or similar - 100-200cal works for me
  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I did a search and found this topic. I am struggling with this issue as well. I get a ton of exercise at work, so I'm really hungry when I get home. The problem is that I get home a few hours before dinner so I end up snacking too much. You can't exercise enough to cancel a bad diet, so this pattern is killing my diet attempt.

I'll try to pre-log a couple snacks after work and make sure they are lower calorie choices. If anyone has any additional suggestions, then I'd be interested in hearing them.
  • mrschappy182
    mrschappy182 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    boldantpro wrote: »

Drink water. I read something about how not being hydrated enough can mislead you into thinking you are hungry. Now if I get a late night hunger cue I just assume I'm thirsty and drink a big glass of water. If that doesnt work, at least you will probably have your hunger curbed by the water and eat a smaller snack.
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    When you get home have a snack like almonds and drink water or a low cal drink like crystal light with it. That should hold you over to the next meal. I eat one snack at about 4 and it’s 28g of the smokehouse almonds for 170 calories. They have a higher fat content so it kills my hunger vs eating fruit which would just make me hungry in a short amount of time.